Hey friends! I’m back with another sublimation tutorial. Today, I’m sharing how to sublimate frosted glass can tumblers with the Cricut Mug press, so let’s get started!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links, at no additional cost to you. #mugofthemonth #cricutmade
How to Sublimate Frosted Glass Can Tumblers with the Cricut Mug Press
Last week, I shared How to Sublimate a Tumbler with the Cricut Mug Press. This week’s sublimation project uses the same methodology, but with the very popular Frosted Glass Can Tumblers. You may have seen the clear glass cans, they are often customized with vinyl but the Frosted Glass Cans are great for sublimation! And once again, if you already have the Cricut Mug Press, there is no need to purchase an expensive Mug/Tumbler press. Especially if you are just making tumblers, mugs, and frosted glass cans for your own personal use. If you are expanding your craft hobby into a small business, then the Cricut Mug Press can definitely get you started, but as you grow you may want to invest in a dedicated tumbler press down the road.
What you will need:
- Cricut Mug Press
- Frosted Glass Can Tumblers (these come with wood lids and straws)
- Your Sublimation Design of choice
- Silicone Wraps
- Heat Resistant Tape
- Lint Roller
- Butcher Paper
- Heat Resistant Gloves
- Heat Mat
Shop the items in my Amazon Storefront.
I created a quick video to show you the process below. Be sure to follow me on social media for more ideas! @michellespartyplanit
@michellespartyplanit Have you tried sublimating frosted glass beer can tumblers in your Cricut Mug Press yet? Super Easy! I turned and flipped in 4 min increments. #crafttok #mugpress #halloweencrafts #mickeysnotsoscaryhalloweenparty #disney #sublimation #cricutmade ♬ Halloweentown Theme – Retrospectre
Now, let’s walk through the process of how to sublimate frosted glass tumblers.
Step 1: Print the design on your sublimation printer, and trim it with scissors to fit.
Step 2: Grab your Frosted Glass Can Tumbler and remove dust and debris with the lint roller.
Step 3: Wrap the design with the print side around the tumbler and secure it with heat-resistant tape.
Step 4: Wrap butcher paper around the tumbler and secure it with tape. Be sure to cover the bottom of the glass well with butcher paper just to protect it from the heat plate.
Step 5. Wrap a silicone wrap around the tumbler (I used the middle-thickness one) and place it in the Cricut Mug Press. Try to hover the bottom over the heat press, just so that it’s not sitting right on it. Time it for about 4 minutes, then with heat-resistant gloves, spin the tumbler 180 degrees. And press for an additional 4 minutes.
Step 6: With heat-resistant gloves, flip over the tumbler and repeat step 5. If your design is narrow and only covers the center part of your tumbler, you may not need to flip it over. Use your best judgment based on the design you are using for your tumbler.
Step 7: Remove the tumbler from the press and place it on a heat mat. Once cooled, remove the paper to reveal the design!
What do you think? I think it turned out great, and can’t wait to make more!
I hope you give this hack a try and be sure to tag me on social media so I can see your awesome creations!
PIN FOR LATER!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!