Western Party Ideas
Handmade Hobby Horses for our Horse Race (shared in Part 2 of Liam’s Round Up). These were so fun to put together!
Every cowboy needs a campfire!
The Dessert Table:
I lined a wall with “wood” patterned paper and created a backdrop for the dessert table. I made a bandanna garland out of bandannas I found at the Dollar Tree and strung them on rope and covered the table in burlap and jute runners. My dear friend Jamie made rice cereal “Hay Bales”, “Hay Stacks”, super yummy cow print cake pops and S’mores on sticks. Autumn Lynn’s Chocolate Sins made the adorable horse shaped cake pops, candy apples topped with a bandanna and chocolate cowboy hat along with white chocolate dipped cow print Oreos. Jen from Sweeten Your Day Cakes made the wonderfully detailed fondant cupcake toppers. I just love the little horse and the cactus! I filled metal buckets with Mary Jane candies, Cow Tales, Hershey nuggets in Gold Bar boxes, truffle filled red bandanna boxes, gold rock candy, Hershey chocolate bars wrapped in coordinating paper, chocolate “gold” and “silver” rocks, along with chocolate coal and bandanna mints. I also filled buckets with Slim Jims, trail mix and pub mix.
|Cowboy Hay Stacks – Get the recipe here!|
The Party Table & Party Favors:
I decorated the kids table with activity place-mats, cookie filled treat bags, pie tins and paper cutlery pockets I made with my Cricut. I ironed on graphics to muslin favor bags (tutorial here) and filled them with goodies. I ordered a wooden rubber band gun for each child from Back Woods Toys and made cowboy crayon rolls for them to color their activity place-mats. Each child also received a bandanna, mustache, badge and cowboy hat. Because hygiene is of the utmost importance for every cowboy and cowgirl, Angelique of Favor Boutique by Angelique made the adorable red and brown cowboy boot soaps.
|Activity Place-mats and Cowboy Crayon Rolls|
|Soaps by Favor Boutique by Angelique|
|This pic cracks me up! Did anyone else notice his guitar is backwards? Oopsie! 😉|
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!