Happy November! I’m starting the month off with a fun Harvest Pumpkin Sizzix tutorial! Transform any faux pumpkin into a beautiful Thanksgiving Dinner centerpiece in a snap!
What you will need:
- Faux Pumpkin
- Gold Metallic Spray Paint
- Mod Podge
- Paint Brush
- Gold Glitter
- Sizzix Big Shot w/ Standard cutting pads and Multipurpose Platform
- Layered Leaf Bigz Die with Texture Fades by Tim Holtz
- Glitter Cardstock in Autumn Colors
- Gold Metallic Cardstock
- Hot Glue Gun
Spray paint the pumpkin. When dry, brush Mod Podge on the stem and sprinkle glitter on top. Let dry.
To die cut the leaves, you will need the Sizzix Big Shot and the Layered Leaf Bigz Die with Texture Fades by Tim Holtz.
Make a sandwich by placing a cutting pad on the big shot, then the bigz die, card stock then another cutting pad and run it it through the big shot. Repeat this process several times to die cut desired amount of leaves.
To add the embossing detail on the leaf, place the die cut in the embossing folder and secure with tape.
Using Tab 1 on the multipurpose platform, place a cutting pad, the embossing folder then another cutting pad to create a sandwich. Next, pass it through the big shot.
Doesn’t the embossing add so much detail?
Once you have die cut and embossed all the leaves you want for your pumpkin, fold each leaf slightly in half to add dimension.
With the hot glue gun, attach each leaf along the side of the pumpkin starting with the top and working your way down.
Now you have a lovely Harvest Pumpkin for your Thanksgiving decor!
Sizzix Design Team Member
- Black Friday Deals 2023
- Easy Snowflake Garland with Cricut
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- Trunk or Treat Ideas | The Working Dead
- Scary Movie Halloween Party Ideas
- St. Patrick’s Day Free Printable- DIY St. Patrick’s Day Party Hats
- Big Top Terror Trunk or Treat Ideas
- Capirotada Recipe | Mexican Bread Pudding