***This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HoneyForHolidays #DonVictor #CollectiveBias
I always love giving and receiving gift baskets of homemade goodies and specialty items for Christmas. The extra personal touch really shows friends and family how much you care. Sometimes it’s difficult to pick the right gift for my friends and family, but food is universal. Everyone loves treats! And if you have a tea lover in the family, a Tea and Honey Gift Basket is always a winner! Today I’m sharing a fun way to gift a very traditional Mexican tea, Canela. Canela is a tea made from fresh cinnamon and it’s deep read color is perfect for Christmas gift giving. Canela is easy to make and is believed to have positive health benefits. Canela also has a wonderful aroma that fills the house, I like to make it for my family instead of hot cocoa when we decorate our Christmas Tree.
Canela Tea & Honey
When I prepare Canela for gift giving, I do not sweeten it. I do however include a jar of honey in the basket so the recipient can sweeten it to their liking. I always include Don Victor Honey, it has actual honeycomb in the jar, which makes for a perfect presentation in my gift baskets. Don Victor Honey is an inexpensive gourmet honey which is made in the USA and can be found in the Hispanic Foods aisle in WalMart.
Don Victor also makes a wonderful gourmet line of flavored Honey. I particularly like the cinnamon flavor for my Canela, I can never have enough cinnamon!
- Wicker Basket
- Canela Tea (recipe below)
- Large mason jar (decorated if desired)
- Don Victor Honey
- Assorted Don Victor Honey
- Pan Dulce, Cookies or breads
- Cinnamon Sticks
- A bundle of Fresh Mint
- Tea Bags
- You could also include a fun mug or small tea set
- Gift tag, Christmas linens and ribbons to dress up your basket
- 5-6 sticks of cinnamon
- 10 cups of water
- 2 cups cold water
- Don Victor Honey
- fresh mint and cinnamon sticks for garnish (optional)
- In large saucepan, add 10 cups of water and cinnamon sticks. (break sticks in half for stronger tea)
- Bring to rolling boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes
- Add 2 cups of cold water (this makes the tea a brighter red)
- Strain if needed
- Sweeten with Don Victor Honey to taste
- Garnish with mint leaves and cinnamon sticks
- Enjoy with pan dulce!
Once you have prepared the Canela, pour it in a large Mason jar while still hot and seal. This will lock in the freshness. You can then add a bow and my Free Printable tag to dress it up. You can wrap baker’s twine around the cinnamon and mint. It adds a little extra festivity, don’t you think?
Looking for Don Victor Honey? It has a unique location, the Hispanic foods aisle in WalMart.
It’s that easy! An affordable Canela Tea and Honey Gift Basket for the Tea Lover in your family!
Thank you for visiting and Happy Gifting!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!