***This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HoneyForHolidays #DonVictor #CollectiveBias
I always love giving and receiving gift baskets of homemade goodies and specialty items for Christmas. The extra personal touch really shows friends and family how much you care. Sometimes it’s difficult to pick the right gift for my friends and family, but food is universal. Everyone loves treats! And if you have a tea lover in the family, a Tea and Honey Gift Basket is always a winner! Today I’m sharing a fun way to gift a very traditional Mexican tea, Canela. Canela is a tea made from fresh cinnamon and it’s deep read color is perfect for Christmas gift giving. Canela is easy to make and is believed to have positive health benefits. Canela also has a wonderful aroma that fills the house, I like to make it for my family instead of hot cocoa when we decorate our Christmas Tree.
Canela Tea & Honey
When I prepare Canela for gift giving, I do not sweeten it. I do however include a jar of honey in the basket so the recipient can sweeten it to their liking. I always include Don Victor Honey, it has actual honeycomb in the jar, which makes for a perfect presentation in my gift baskets. Don Victor Honey is an inexpensive gourmet honey which is made in the USA and can be found in the Hispanic Foods aisle in WalMart.
Don Victor also makes a wonderful gourmet line of flavored Honey. I particularly like the cinnamon flavor for my Canela, I can never have enough cinnamon!
What you will need for a Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket:
- Wicker Basket
- Canela Tea (recipe below)
- Large mason jar (decorated if desired)
- Don Victor Honey
- Assorted Don Victor Honey
- Pan Dulce, Cookies or breads
- Cinnamon Sticks
- A bundle of Fresh Mint
- Tea Bags
- You could also include a fun mug or small tea set
- Gift tag, Christmas linens and ribbons to dress up your basket
An easy to make, traditional Mexican Cinnamon tea.
- 5-6 sticks of cinnamon
- 10 cups of water
- 2 cups cold water
- Don Victor Honey
- fresh mint and cinnamon sticks for garnish (optional)
- In large saucepan, add 10 cups of water and cinnamon sticks. (break sticks in half for stronger tea)
- Bring to rolling boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes
- Add 2 cups of cold water (this makes the tea a brighter red)
- Strain if needed
- Sweeten with Don Victor Honey to taste
- Garnish with mint leaves and cinnamon sticks
- Enjoy with pan dulce!
Once you have prepared the Canela, pour it in a large Mason jar while still hot and seal. This will lock in the freshness. You can then add a bow and my Free Printable tag to dress it up. You can wrap baker’s twine around the cinnamon and mint. It adds a little extra festivity, don’t you think?
Looking for Don Victor Honey? It has a unique location, the Hispanic foods aisle in WalMart.
It’s that easy! An affordable Canela Tea and Honey Gift Basket for the Tea Lover in your family!
Thank you for visiting and Happy Gifting!
- 11 May the Fourth Star Wars Day Ideas
- How to Decorate an Umbrella with Vinyl and Cricut
- How to Use the We R Memory Keepers Button Press
- How To Make Money With Cricut?
- Easy Mom To Bee Baby Shower Ideas with Chinet®
- How to Make a Wreath Garland | Dollar Tree Christmas DIY
- Celebrate the New Year with a Paint and Sip Craft Night
- 20+ Birthday Party Themes for Boys
I have just the tea to add the chocolate honey to. Yum.
Very nice idea and loved the pictures. Thanks for doing such a great job on this campaign. #client
Cute gift basket idea!
What a lovely idea to give to someone special this Christmas
This would make a great gift! Thank you for linking up to Party Time and we hope to see you again next week!
this looks amazing!