This post is courtesy of Stephanie of Spaceships and Laserbeams…
I’ve never been to a baby shower where the ladies didn’t “ooh” and “ahh” over the tiny baby clothes. Women love to get together and celebrate mom-to-be and her new baby; I think we’re hard-wired for it! With some planning and imagination, you can host a baby shower that blesses new mama and her guests. We specialize in parties on my blog, Spaceships and Laser Beams, so I see lots of parties and I have lots of ideas to help you plan yours. Here are some of my favorite tips for hosting a successful baby shower.
Decide Your Baby Shower Theme
First off, decide if your party focus is going to be more on new mom or the baby. If the spotlight is on mom, you’ll want to consider her favorites, her interests and hobbies and the party theme will reflect that. If you decide to center the party more on baby, the theme will be more about things like hopes for the baby, favorite childhood characters, or nursery rhymes.
Once you decide on a theme, that axis will make it easier to plan the invitations, decorations, menu, party activities and take-home guest favors. A party is a more satisfying experience when there is cohesiveness with all of those elements.
Plan a Baby Shower
Here’s a thumbnail description for example: if your focus is on baby and the theme is “soaring into the future”, your invitations might be in the shape of an airplane; decorations would include planes, suitcases, passports and maps; yellow for sunshine, blue for the sky and white for clouds would make a good color combo; menu choices could include cuisine from around the world; an activity could be everyone writing good wishes for the baby’s life journey; take home favors might be a taste treat sent home in a mini suitcase favor box or a variety of small tokens to represent the nations.
There are many theme potentials for celebrating a new mom and her baby, but the formula for hosting the party remains the same. Planning and imagination will help your baby shower to be a sweet success!
For more ideas and visual inspiration, visit my Baby Shower theme board at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
What theme would you love to see for a baby shower?
Stephanie Keeping is a wife to Mike, mom to a boy named Sam, a blogger, and an Etsy-preneur. She celebrates boyish charm at Spaceships and Laser Beams, where she talks about all things boy and birthday party. You can connect with her on Facebook, Google+,
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!