While searching for Steampunk props for my costume, I came upon the Steampunk Nerf Guns post on the Instructables site and was inspired to Steampunk a Nerf Gun of my own. Luckily, I didn’t have to buy anything new for this project. My sons have a huge arsenal of Nerf Guns and they generously donated their Maverick Rev 6 gun for my project.
DIY Steampunk Gun
To get started, my husband spray painted the whole gun metallic bronze. Once the paint dried, I added gold paint to the barrel and handle and then “aged” it by rubbing black paint all over the gun with a cloth to give it a worn look. I then lightly brushed silver metallic paint in accent areas. Once the paint dried, I added metal gears and miscellaneous hardware on both sides of the gun with super glue. I then added a strip of pleather strapping (leftover from my goggles) to the top of the gun and added brads and buckles for embellishment. Lastly, I decoupaged a piece of black lace to the handle for a touch of femininity.
This ended up being one of my favorite DIY projects from my party, not to mention I now have the coolest Nerf Gun in the house! Ha!
It was the perfect addition to my costume AND a great photo booth prop!
Thank you for stopping by and God Bless!
Metal Gears – Oriental Trading Company
Metal Gears and Clock Pieces – Out of the Box Papers
Are you fan of Steampunk? Follow my Pinterest Board!
Follow Michelle’s Party Plan-It’s board Steampunk Party Ideas // Michelle’s Party Plan-It on Pinterest.
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!