Greetings friends! Today I’m sharing a fun Patriotic Banner, perfect for the Fourth of July, Flag Day, Memorial Day and Election Day!
Let’s get started.
I made this banner for our upcoming Fourth of July BBQ and thought it was cute enough to share with you all! Using the latest Sizzix dies, patriotic paper and some baker’s twine, it was a cinch to make.
For this project you will need the Sizzix Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Precision Base Plate, Cutting Pads, Extended Multipurpose Platform, Elephant Bigz by Brenda Walton, Sizzix Bigz L Banner die by Lori Whitlock, Stacked Stars by Tim Holtz Tiny Stars and Bullseye Embossing Folders and Celebration Words Thinlits by Tim Holtz. You will also need adhesive, card-stock, hole punch and baker’s twine.
Starting with the Pennants, create a sandwich with the Banner Sizzix Bigz L die and two cutting pads to die cut the 3 pennants. The sandwich for the Bigz die is a cutting pad, the Bigz die, card stock and a second Cutting Pad. Set aside 1 pennant for the center. For the two remaining pennants, die cut four small stars on gold card-stock using the Stacked Stars dies. Adhere a star on each corner of the pennant and punch a hole in the center with a hole punch. Die cut an additional small gold star to be used on the Elephant.
Next for the center pennant, using the sandwich method described above, die cut the Elephant pieces with red and navy card-stock. To emboss the layering pieces using the Tiny Stars and Bullseye embossing folders; place the die cut in the embossing folder and create sandwich by using tab 1 on the Multipurpose Platform, a Cutting Pad, the embossing folder and a second cutting pad. Pass the sandwich through the Big Shot.
Next adhere the Elephant pieces to the pennant and add a gold star for accent. Then using the Celebration thinlits, magnetic platform and precision plate; die cut CELEBRATE on gold card-stock and adhere it to the Elephant’s banner. The sandwich for using the precision plate is Magnetic Platform, Precision Base Plate, card-stock, Thinlits and a Cutting Pad. Punch a hole in each corner of the pennant and string the banner using baker’s twine.
Now hang your banner to CELEBRATE our great Nation!
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you are inspired to create your own Patriotic Banner! Looking for more ideas? Check out my Tutorial for a US map party favor bag!
Are you a Sizzix enthusiast? Join the Sizzix Crafters Unite Facebook Group to share your projects and be inspired by other Sizzix fans! Some of my favorite designers may or may not also be members, just saying! 😉
Looking for more Ideas? Follow my Pinterest board!
Sizzix Big Shot
Elephant Bigz by Brenda Walton
Sizzix Bigz L Banner die by Lori Whitlock
Stacked Stars by Tim Holtz
Celebration Words Thinlits by Tim Holtz
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!