Easy Halloween Decor – DIY Mummy Hand Tabletop Decor
It’s October, my favorite month! And to kick it off I’m sharing my Easy DIY Mummy Hand tutorial.
I recently teamed with Darice Crafts to create an easy Halloween craft to be shared in Pat Catan’s Arts & Crafts stores and I’m thrilled to be able to share my project with you.
When I saw the paper mache hands by Darice, I knew exactly what project I wanted to create for Halloween. This project is not only simple, it can be done in less than 30 minutes!
To start, you will need the following supplies:
- Paper Mache Hand
- Cheese Cloth
- Foam Brush
- Mod Podge
- Spanish Moss
- charger or large plate (optional)
- Halloween tombstone (optional)
Starting with the cheese cloth, tear the cheese cloth in vertical strips. This is easily done by hand, no scissors required.
Next, generously cover a portion of the paper mache hand with Mod Podge using the foam craft brush.
Next, wrap the cheese cloth strips around the hand one by one, applying more Mod Podge on the hand as needed. Continue wrapping until the whole hand is covered with cheese cloth. Leave a few strips flowing for flair.
Let dry overnight.
Finally, arrange the finished Mummy Hand on a plate charger, or large plate and cover the base with Spanish Moss. Add a tombstone prop for added effect!
I just love how this turned out, it’s so creepy! Give it a try, I’d love to hear what you think!
If you are near a Pat Catan’s store, be sure to stop by the seasonal end cap for all the products used in this project as well as a step-by-step project sheet by yours truly!
Disclosure: I received compensation and product in exchange for this project. As always, all opinions are my own.
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!