The Holidays are coming and I’m excited to be participating in the Handmade Holidays Blog Hop! So many great gift giving ideas have been shared thus far, be sure to check them all out and enter to win a HUGE prize from the sponsors!
I’m starting my Christmas gifts with a fun and easy decorative set of Retro Milk Glasses for my Mom. She has always liked retro style decor and recently remodeled her kitchen so I thought a cute set of turquoise Dairy glasses would be perfect for her garden window.
This project is so easy to create, all you need is a some American Decor Chalky Finish Paint, a few Dairy glasses (I found these at Michaels), a craft brush and a little sandpaper.
The Americana Decor Chalky Finish paint is easy to use and doesn’t require any prep or priming. Just brush on with a craft brush, letting it dry thoroughly between coats. I applied two coats to these jars.
Once dry, rub the sandpaper over the jar as you see fit to add some distressed accents.
I love the worn out look!
These are strictly for decorative purposes, but that doesn’t mean you can’t display them in an retro style Soda Fountain drink carrier like this one I found at Hobby Lobby. Just add a little paper straw for extra detail.
And that’s it! A custom set of retro milk glasses for my Mom. I think she’s gonna love them as much as I loved painting them!
A BIG Thank You to DecoArt for sending the Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paint, I can’t wait to paint more decor!
NOW FOR THE HANDMADE HOLIDAYS BLOG HOP!
We are having a giveaway of over $600 in craft supplies to help you make this holiday handmade. Enter to win using the widget below:
Best of Luck and Happy Crafting!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!