Looking for an easy no fuss recipe for Creole chicken? Today, I’m sharing the secret to my family’s favorite Creole Baked Chicken. Mind you, this is not an Earth shattering kind of secret or recipe, but it is super easy and delicious!
Around 10 years ago, while preparing our first Cajun deep fried turkey for Thanksgiving, I came upon (in my opinion) the BEST creole seasoning. We have used it on poultry ever since. Today, I’m sharing how you can spice things up by adding it to everyday chicken. This is perfect for weekday dinners and warms up nicely for lunches. I also make Creole wings for game day, my boys love them!
What you will need:
- Chicken (breast, legs, thighs, wings..whatever is your favorite)
- Olive Oil
- Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning, 8 Ounce Shakers
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Clean chicken thoroughly and place it in a large bowl. Drizzle olive oil generously over the chicken and mix, making sure to cover the chicken thoroughly. Shake a generous amount of seasoning and toss. The olive oil gives the skin a nice crispy texture while keeping the chicken moist. It also allows the seasoning to stick to the chicken and not scorch while baking.
Line a baking sheet with foil. Place chicken on foil and add more seasoning to both sides of the chicken.
Bake for 30-45 minutes (until internal temperature is 165 degrees), turning the chicken in 15 minute intervals.
Serve with your favorite side dishes. We even sprinkle a bit on our mashed potatoes!
If you’re looking for more Louisiana inspired recipes check out my Mardi Gras Brunch!
(BTW This is NOT a sponsored post, I just want to share!)
- Black Friday Deals 2023
- Easy Snowflake Garland with Cricut
- How to Decorate a Tea Cart for Every Season
- Mommy and Me Painting Party with Social Artworking
- Free Easter Printable – Bunny Ears Party Hat
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ – Beginner Craft
- Day of the Dead Party Ideas
- DIY Steampunk Gun | Costume Prop