This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweeterPascua #CollectiveBias
Easter Sunday is just around the corner and I can’t wait! Easter is one of my favorite holidays! Good Friday and Easter are very important holidays to my family and we cherish the true reason for the season. Being latina, I grew up attending a Spanish-speaking church and every Easter the families gathered for a picnic and egg hunt at the local park after our Easter service. I was often casted to participate in our annual Easter play, it was so much fun! After the picnic, all the children received Cascarones (confetti filled eggs) and we’d play fun outdoor games. Even though we knew that Easter was not all about bunnies and eggs, my family and our church always incorporated them into our Easter Sunday celebrations. Now that I have a family of my own, I have passed down these traditions, as well as the true meaning of Easter to my boys; as a family we attend Easter Sunday church service and gather together for a brunch afterwards. My boys look forward to our outdoor Easter Party every year with all their favorite pastries including Empanadas (Mexican turnovers) and cupcakes.
Today, I’m excited to be sharing a few of our family Easter traditions with you including an easy recipe for empanadas with DOVE® Chocolate Eggs and a tutorial for a fun party paper craft!
Easter Party Decor
Starting with the color palette, I chose light spring colors, baby pink, sage green accented with gold and bright white. Bring a party stylist, I have quite a collection of cake stands; so I collected my pink, white and green cake stands as well as a few Easter themed items. I used my eyelet and lace table linens and pink silk flowers for the tables. I also made some doily cookie holders for the place settings.
I whipped up a batch of my favorite pina colada cupcakes and chocolate empanadas made with DOVE® Chocolate Eggs . I also filled jars with jelly beans and set out some store bought cookies and donuts for the boys.
Easy Easter Chocolate Empanadas with DOVE® Chocolate Eggs
A lot of latin families include savory empanadas for Easter, but my Nana always made sweet empanadas for us to enjoy. She made them from scratch and usually filled them with fruit, but I thought I’d try some EASY chocolate filled empanadas this year.
What you will need:
- Empanadas Discos (ready-made empanada discs)
- Dark or Milk Chocolate DOVE® Chocolate Eggs
- Empanada/Turnover Press
- Melted Butter
- Eggwash (1 egg, 1 tbs water)
- Powdered Sugar
- Pastry Brush
Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees. Place the empanada disc in the turnover press and brush on some melted butter with a pastry dish. Then add three DOVE® Chocolate Eggs and close the press to make the empanada.
Place the empanadas on a foil lined cookie sheet and brush them with egg wash.
Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Next, melt 6-8 DOVE® Chocolate Eggs in a glass bowl in the microwave for 1 minute.
With a small spoon, drizzle the chocolate over the empanadas.
Lastly, sprinkle some powdered sugar on top!
And that’s it! Delicious EASY chocolate filled empanadas!
You can find the DOVE® Chocolate Eggs at Walmart in the seasonal aisle.
EASY Pina Colada Cupcakes
My son’s ask for these SUPER easy Pina Colada cupcakes by name. I bake them at least once a month! You’ll love how easy and delicious they are, perfect for any spring party!
- French Vanilla Cake Mix
- 8 oz Can of Crushed Pineapple
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Optional: Butttercream frosting and extra coconut
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix cake mix, pineapple and shredded coconut.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners and fill 3/4 full
- Bake for 17 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Top with your favorite buttercream frosting and sprinkle shredded coconut on top.
Easter Cookie Pockets
I always like to craft a little something for my parties. So I decided to create little cookie holders with my Sizzix Big Shot plus and Dies.
What you will need:
Sizzix Big Shot Plus, Adapter and Platform A
Doily Thinlits Die
Cookie Pocket Bigz Die
White Card Stock
Pink Card Stock
Hot Glue Gun
Starting with the Doily, create a sandwich. The sandwich is, Platform, Adapter A, Cutting Pad, cardstock, Thinlit face down and a second cutting pad. Pass it through the machine twice. Once cut, set aside.
No moving on to the cookie pocket, create a sandwich. The sandwich for the Bigz die is, cutting pad, die, paper and crease pad on top. Pass it through the machine.
Next, fold on the crease marks and glue together with the hot glue gun.
Place the doily in the pocket, add cookies and you’re done! Adorable lacey cookie pockets!
I hope you are inspired to create your own Easter party as well as trying my EASY empanadas and cookie pockets!
Thank you for stopping by!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!