I’m super excited to be featuring Cherry Man Cherries for this month’s Laura Kelly Design Team project! Cherries are a big thing in my home, my little man LOVES them! I can’t tell you how many times I caught him trying to open the jars of Cherry Man Cherries before I could use them for my recipe!
As a 2016 Laura Kelly Design team member: I receive select products free of charge so that I can share inspiration projects and tutorials with my readers. Posts include affiliate links. My creations, experiences and opinions are, of course, 100% my own.
Oatmeal Cherry Coconut Cookies
In an effort to create the appearance of a healthy cookie, I decided to alter my favorite oatmeal cookie recipe by adding coconut oil, coconut flakes and cherries. I wasn’t sure how these would come out, but let me tell you; they were AMAZING! I made three dozen and I only managed to hide a few for my photos!
Let’s get started!
Combine Coconut Oil, Eggs, Butter, Sugar, Cherry Juice and Vanilla.
In separate bowl, sift Flour, Salt and Baking Soda.
Add it to the butter mixture, stir.
Add Oats, Cherries and Coconut, stir.
Cherry lover? Add a few more chopped cherries for more cherry flavor!
Roll the dough in small balls and place on un-greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Set out on cooling rack and enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (solid)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs maraschino cherry juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup drained and chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Blend coconut oil, eggs, butter, sugar, cherry juice and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, sift flour, salt and baking soda.
- Combine flour and butter mixture.
- Add oats, coconut and cherries, mix well.
- Roll dough in small balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.
I created a Cherry themed party featuring adorable cherry themed printables by Laura Kelly. Here’s a sneak peek of the cherry cookie boxes I embellished. These are favor boxes from Oriental Trading Company, I added green leaves to make them look more like cherries. 🙂
I created a tag for the basket of cherries using Laura Kelly Buttons and my personalized Expressionery Stamp. Aren’t they adorable? My Oatmeal Cherry Coconut Cookies fit perfectly. I can’t wait to share all the other details from my Cherry party, coming soon!
So give my recipe a try and let me know what you think!
Looking for more Cherry Man recipes? Check out all 20 Recipes from the Laura Kelly Design Team and be sure to enter to win a Cherry Man Prize Pack that includes a $100 Visa Card! GOOD LUCK!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!