Need a HAND with some DIY Halloween decor? 😉 You’ve come to the right place! If you know me, you know that Halloween starts in September in my house. We have so many fun Halloween parties planned so I wanted to create a little Halloween Decor for my mantel. This project is super easy and fun to make with just a few layers of paint and some craft vinyl!
I am a DecoArt Core Blogger and received free product included in this post. As always, all opinions and experiences are my own. This post includes affiliate links.
Let’s get started!
DIY Halloween Decor
What you will need:
- Small White Craft Pumpkin
- Resin Skeleton Hand
- DecoArt Metallic Lustre in desired colors (I used Silver Spark and Copper Kettle)
- DecoArt AmericanaDECOR Metallics in desired colors (I used Pearl and Silver)
- DecoArt AmericanaDECOR Satin Enamels in Classic Black
- Sizzix Big Shot
- Sizzix Bigz Skull Die
- Paint Brushes
- Cloth Rag
Starting with the Metallics in Pearl, I applied one coat of paint and let dry. Then with a clean cloth, rubbed the Silver Spark Metallic Lustre on the pumpkin.
Once dry. I dry rubbed a little of the Black Satin Enamel in the crevices of the pumpkin with a cloth.
Next, I added a little of Copper Kettle.
While the pumpkin was drying, I rubbed a little but of black paint on the resin skeleton hand with a paint brush and rag.
I wanted to add a little more detail, so I die cut a vinyl skull using my Sizzix Big Shot and Bigz Skull die. Die cutting vinyl is a cinch with the Sizzix Big Shot. Simply create a “Sizzix Sandwich” and pass it through the Big Shot. The sandwich is as follows: Cutting Pad, Bigz Die, Vinyl and a second Cutting Pad. You can see a more detailed tutorial HERE.
And that’s it! DIY Halloween Decor perfect for your Halloween Mantel!
What will you make this Halloween season? I’d love to hear from you!
- Black Friday Deals 2023
- Easy Snowflake Garland with Cricut
- Sea Animals and Pirate Party Ideas For Kids
- How to Make A Dollar Tree Gnome for Halloween
- Nightmare Before Christmas Party Props | Behind the Scenes
- DIY Lord of The Rings Party Sign | Cricut Vinyl Tutorial
- DIY Steampunk Gun | Costume Prop
- Steampunk Party – Stopping Time…Forever Thirty Nine