My boys have always loved anything Army related and since my all time favorite song from the 80s is Love is a Battlefield by Pat Benetar; I knew I had the perfect theme for my boys to celebrate Valentine’s Day!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means I get a small commission from your purchases from my links, with absolutely no extra charge to you! 🙂
I had so much fun setting up this party for my boys. The best part was that I already had everything I needed in my party arsenal. I love it when that happens! I’m excited to share all the details with you!
Let’s get started!
Love Is A Battlefield
A couple of years ago I planned an Army themed party for my youngest. Since his birthday is in February, some of the favors were these adorable Valentine’s Day cards from Oriental Trading. My favorite of course, Love Is A Battlefield. Since my boys were away for a couple of days on a trip with my Mom, I wanted to surprise them with a little party. So I dug out the decorations from my son’s party and all my red Valentine’s Day party decorations and got started! (this post contains affiliate links)
I started with hanging up camouflage netting for my backdrop and added a honeycomb heart in the center. Then I covered my table with netting and added a few ammo crates I had painted.
I set out ammo boxes with fake bullets along with white cake stands for the snacks. I added some red vinyl to camouflage popcorn boxes using my Sizzix Big Shot and laid out a couple glitter hearts on the table.
I set out some vanilla cupcakes in heart cupcake wrappers and topped them with red candy hearts. I also added a LOVE marquee on the crates along with some barbed wire decor.
I set up another crate on the floor along with several black paper lantern “cannon balls”. I added a red lip balloon to the crate and topped it with a metal tray for the party favors.
I added camouflage lids to my mason jars and heart paper straws for the kiddos.
My favorite detail is the cake. I topped my cake with red candy hearts and a silver army man from my son’s party. I added a “Love” cake topper in the background. Doesn’t he look like he’s “looking for love”? haha.
I also placed a bunch of toy grenades around the cake for fun.
And that’s it! Our fun little “Love is a Battlefield” Valentine’s Day party! I hope you are inspired to create a fun party of your own!
Happy Party Planning!
PIN FOR LATER!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!