Are you ready for Valentine’s Day? There is still time to make some gifts for that extra special someone, teacher and family member. Welcome back for another Whip It Up Wednesday! Today, I’m sharing how to create the cutest Woodland Valentine Gift Tag for Valentine’s Day.
Let’s get started!
Wood U Be Mine Valentine Gift Tag – Whip It Up Wednesday
I love the Fox Tales line by Jen Long and when I saw the Wood U Be Mine Thinlits set, I knew it would make the perfect tag for Valentine’s Day or even a camping party favor.
For this project you will need:
Sizzix Big Shot, Cutting Pads, Magnetic Platform, Wood U Be Mine Thinlits, Deco Foil Transfer Sheets, Deco Foil Foam Adhesive, Therm-o-web 3D Foam Squares, cardstock, baker’s twine, cupcake liner, personalized stamp, scissors, hole punch, mason jar and S’mores Mix (recipe below).
Starting with the tag and using the magnetic platform; sandwich the large heart Thinlits and card stock between two cutting pads and pass it through the machine. Repeat this process with the smaller heart and a different color of cardstock.
Next for the phrase, make a sandwich using the foam adhesive for foil transfer sheets. The sandwich is as follows; magnetic platform, cutting pad, foam adhesive sheet, Thinlits and a second cutting pad. Pass it through the machine twice to make sure to cut through the foam adhesive.
The next part is a bit tricky because the foam adhesive has two sticky sides. Carefully remove the backing from the die cut (still in the wafer thin die), exposing the sticky side. Next Place the die face down on the smaller die cut heart and press down firmly. Now, carefully remove the wafer die and the foam die cut will remain in place.
Now moving on to the fun part! Make sure you have removed the backing from the die cut phrase before moving on. Next, place the Deco Foil Transfer Sheet on top of the phrase with the silver coated side faced down and rub thoroughly. Lift up the Deco Foil and you have a beautiful metallic phrase! Wasn’t that fun and so easy?
Add a personalized stamp to the back of the large heart and layer on the small heart with a 3d foam adhesive square. Next, punch a hole in the corner of the large heart and add a bit of twine to tie to your mason jar.
S’Mores Mix Recipe
Now for the S’mores Mix! This is a super yummy treat that I make for my family to enjoy all summer long.
What you will need:
- 1 cup Miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup Honey Chex Mix
- 1 cup Golden Grahams
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter Morsels
Simply mix the ingredients in a mixing bowl. It really doesn’t get easier than that! You can make a little or a lot!
Fill the jar with S’mores Mix, cover the jar with a coordinating cupcake liner and screw on the mason jar lid ring. Add your valentine gift tag and you’re done! Simple treats with adorable tags! Perfect for any Valentine’s Day gift or woodland/camping party!
Give it a try and let me know what you think! I’d love to hear from you.
Don’t have time now? Pin it for later!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!