This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RevUpF8 #CollectiveBias
Do you have a Fast & Furious™ fan at home? I have four of them! Being the only girl in a family of five, I’m no stranger to the Fast & Furious™ franchise. In fact, I’m a huge fan too! I mean really, who isn’t? The Fast & Furious™ franchise is Universal Picture’s most profitable and longest running franchise!
My youngest is too young to have seen all of the movies but he absolutely loves cars and his favorite ride during the Universal Studios Studio Tour is Fast & Furious™ Supercharged. It’s just so exciting! So naturally, when I saw the new F8 toys at Walmart, I knew my little guy would love them.
I don’t have to tell you that the Frozen Missile Attack Deluxe Playset and toy vehicles were a big hit with my little guy. My big boys even love the cool Chevy Corvette and Ice Charger! We are planning a road trip and camping trip next month and my son wants to take his cars with him so I decided to make him a Travel Car Caddy for our trip. I’m excited to share how you can make one too with just a few craft supplies and a reusable shopping bag!
How to Make a Travel Car Caddy For F8 Toys
What you will need:
Felt (gray, black and blue)
Large Reusable Shopping Bag
Favorite Fast & Furious™ Vehicles
You can find Fast & Furious™ toys at Walmart in the toy aisle.
Start by cutting a 18×18 square of gray felt. Place the Fast & Furious™ cars on the felt in the lower right-hand corner as a guide.
Next cut a 10×4 piece of blue felt to create the car caddy “pocket”. Place the pocket over the cars and mark the width so you can stitch the “garages” later.
Now for the fun part! Cut a freehand “road” out of black felt. You can cut any shape of road you’d like. Next, cut a few small pieces of grey fabric to make the dotted lines in the middle of the road.
Using scissors or a seam ripper, remove the seams from the bag leaving the front panel of the bag. You’ll want it to be at least 20×20. The reusable shopping bag is perfect for this project, it’s wipeable material will help keep the caddy clean on our camping trip.
Once all the cutting is done, it’s time to sew! Start by sewing the blue pocket to the gray panel. Once you have sewed three sides of the blue pocket to the gray felt, stitch individual pocket “garages”.
Next, attach the road to the gray felt by stitching the edges and stitching the dotted gray felt lines.
Once all of the felt pieces have been added to the caddy, stitch it to the reusable bag panel. You will need to stitch all four sides with the right side of the bag on the back. I chose to leave the handles on the bag for easy transporting.
And that’s it! A simple Travel Car Caddy for F8 toys!
My son set up his the Frozen Missile Attack Deluxe Playset right on the Travel Car caddy so the cars could roll off the playset right onto the road on the caddy!
He can’t wait to take his caddy and playset on the road for our camping trip!
I hope you give this fun project a try! Be sure to visit Walmart and pick up a copy of F8 on DVD which released on July 11th, along with these fun toys!
PIN FOR LATER!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!