My boys love dragons and knights and because we love to party, we had a little Dragons and Knights play date to kick off our latest party theme.
Rice Krispie treat “Castles”
My Valiant Warrior, Sir Gavin!
Knights and Dragons Party Ideas
The Dessert Table & Decor:
I started with a black background and some boxes covered in flagstone paper from Shindigz to showcase the Knight my mom found for me at Ross. I found some flame torches on clearance also from Shindigz that were the perfect accent pieces. I used silver satin fabric for my cake table backdrop and added chess pieces symbolizing the King and Queen of our little kingdom and an Excalibur sword along with a dungeon lock and key for accent.
I made chocolate cupcakes with fondant toppers, butterscotch popcorn and regular popcorn. The gold popcorn boxes and knight party cups from Oriental Trading Company were filled with coordinating candy. I also made cereal treat “castles” and topped them with little flags. I picked up a yummy strawberry shortcake from Sam’s Club for $9 and topped it with our dragon.
I made “Royal Snacks” stickers for the popcorn boxes, shield cupcake toppers, favor tags, dragon banners, stickers for the playing cards and candy bar wrappers complete with blinged out crowns.
The Kiddie Table:
I glued glittery crowns and fleur-de-lis from Michael’s dollar bins to favor boxes from Oriental Trading Company and used my son’s dragon figurine as the table centerpiece. Since dragon’s love jeweled treasure, I scattered plastic jewels from Michael’s dollar deals on the cake stand. I found foam shields at Target’s Dollar Spot and spray painted them gold to match the inflatable swords from Oriental Trading Company.
The kids colored and decorated their own dragon knight banners, flew dragon gliders from Oriental Trading Company and sword fought for over an hour.
Available in the SHOP:
I received products from Oriental Trading for this review. All opinions are my own.
Looking for more Dragon party ideas, follow me on Pinterest!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!