Cowboy and western themed parties will always be classic and perfect for all occasions. Several year’s ago we celebrated my son’s birthday with a Cowboy Party. This party was so fun to create and still one of my favorite party themes.
One of my favorite details were the handmade Hobby Horse Bubble Wands. These party favors came about a bit by accident, I was perusing the internet on the search for a free Hobby Horse pattern and came upon the wonderful tutorial by Hopeful Homemaker. I thought how cute would my dessert table look with miniature Hobby Horses on display? Well, one idea evolved to another and I ended up with Hobby Horse Bubble Wands!
DIY Hobby Horse Bubble Wands
Visit the Hopeful Homemaker‘s blog and follow the wonderfully detailed “How to Make a Stick Horse” directions with the following exceptions:
- DO NOT enlarge the Hopeful Homemaker’s pattern, just print it at 100%.
- I decided on minky fleece and yarn, instead of felt because that’s what we had readily available. However you can use almost any fabric you want if you use yarn as the mane. You could even use bandanna fabric, how cute would that be?
- Substitute a bubble wand for the dowel.
- Tie the stuffed horse head to the bubble wand with a scrap of fabric, do not glue it on. This allows the head to be removable so it doesn’t get wet when the kids blow bubbles.
PIN FOR LATER!
Are you looking for more western party ideas? Check out the other fun parties and easy tutorials!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!