I’m having lots of fun in party mode prepping for an upcoming painting Super Hero party with DecoArt! Today I’m sharing the easiest tutorial ever for Big City Popcorn Boxes!
If you have seen my parties, you know that I love to add lots of little details throughout my parties. So, when I saw the Big City Originals Die by Marisa Pawelko, I knew it would be perfect for my upcoming party!
Let’s get started!
What you will need for the super easy project is, Sizzix Big Shot, Big City Originals Die, 2 Cutting Pads, paper, adhesive and store bought popcorn boxes.
Start by creating a sandwich. The sandwich for the Originals dies is the same as the sandwich for any Bigz die. You start with a cutting pad, the die, paper and a second cutting pad. To save time, I like to place at least 4 pieces of paper on my die at a time. Then pass it through the Big Shot. With one turn of the handle you have enough die cuts for two popcorn boxes.
CRAFT TIP: The Originals dies are the perfect size for using up your scrap pieces of paper!
To assemble, You will need two die cuts per popcorn box. Simply adhere the Big City die cut to the front of the bottom of the Popcorn Box. Then, line up a second die cut and continue to wrap around the box.
And that’s it! It really doesn’t get more simple than that to add a little bit of detail and incorporate your theme throughout the party! I literally made these in minutes, aren’t they cute?
More Party Themes for Popcorn Boxes
These little gems aren’t limited to Super Hero themes! Here are a few other ideas!
- Annie Movie Theme – Red popcorn boxes with white die cuts
- Sex in the City Theme – Black popcorn boxes with gold die cuts
- Fashionista – Pink popcorn boxes with black die cuts
- Hollywood Movie Night – Red popcorn boxes with black die cuts
- Travel Party – Any color combo!
What other themes can you think of? I’d love to hear your ideas!
- 11 May the Fourth Star Wars Day Ideas
- How to Decorate an Umbrella with Vinyl and Cricut
- How to Throw a Last Minute Burger Bash + Free Printable
- Retro Snack Bar Trunk or Treat Idea
- DIY Star Wars Shirts with Cricut
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Personalize Your Sizzix Big Shot Plus with Vinyl
- Science Birthday Party Ideas | PBS Parents
I love to serve popcorn at parties, so I will definitely be making these next time. So cute! Not sure mine will come out as good as yours Michelle.