This is part of a sponsored collaboration with the NFL and DiMe Media. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
Did you know that it’s Hispanic Heritage Month? The NFL and it’s teams are celebrating with a look at the personal stories of Hispanic players, past and present, who have left a lasting legacy on NFL. Are you a NFL fan? I am and have been since I was a little girl and I am excited to see the NFL recognizing fellow latinos in the wonderful game of football!
Football is so much more than just a game to me. I remember watching football all the time with my Dad when I was growing up. The 49ers were our favorite NFL team, back in the days of Joe Montana, Steve Young and Jerry Rice. Such great memories were made watching Football with my Dad. A little family tradition that I wish he and I could still share. Sadly his life was taken by cancer almost 20 years ago, but his orgullo (pride) and passion for the NFL and Niners live on through my middle son. He loves the NFL as much as his Abuelo did. Although he never had the chance to meet him, I am proud to see so much of my Dad in him.
My Dad was born and raised in Northern California where agriculture was a a huge part of the community. My Abuelo was a foreman for the Sunkist plant, so naturally my Dad knew everything there was to know about fruit, especially oranges. One of my Dad’s favorite treats was Ensaladas de Frutas de Chile. He used to make a spicy pico de gallo de naranjas with chili peppers and onions, it was so good! He actually liked any fresh fruit with chile. Now whenever there is a Niner game on, I whip up a batch of Ensalada de Fruitas de Chile with whatever fruit that is in season as a little reminder of my Dad and our special moments watching football.
Ensalada de Frutas de Chile
Ensalada de Frutas can be made with almost any seasonal fruit. I personally like to make mine with the following:
- Chile Powder or Chile con Limon y Sal Seasoning
Simply slice up your favorite fruits and vegetables (such as cucumber and jicama). Add freshly squeezed lime juice, chile powder and salt and serve in a cup. Sprinkle additional chile for an extra spicy treat.
Doesn’t it look refreshing and best of all it’s a healthy alternative to traditional Game Day snacks! Did you know that beginning this fall, the NFL is launching Fuel Up to PLAY 60 en Español? The NFL is working to inspire Spanish-speaking communities nationwide to live healthier lifestyles through good nutrition and physical activity. For more information, visit Fuel Up To Play 60.
- Chile Lime Powder
- Cut up all the fruit and serve in a cup.
- Add lime juice and Chile Lime Powder to taste
Easy Football Party Snack Ideas
Setting up a snack table for a football game can be easy! Simple banners in team colors are all you need with a few extra football themed decorations.
Here are a few simple tips on making a quick football snack table on Game Day!
- Serve fresh hot dogs easily from the grill or a table top hot dog warmer.
- Fill some popcorn boxes with fresh popcorn.
Serve your Ensalada de Frutas in team cups!
Fill some treat boxes with candy in your team colors.
Serve cupcakes for desserts with fun little football themed toppers. Chalkboard tags are a cinch and can be reused game after game!
And that’s it! Just grab your snacks and #FeelTheOrgullo while you cheer on your favorite NFL team!
Did you know that the NFL has partnered with the Hispanic Heritage Foundation for the fifth annual NFL Hispanic Heritage Leadership Awards? Their goal is to recognize the work of Hispanic community leaders in all 32 NFL markets, celebrating their efforts and donating $2,000 to the nonprofit organization of their choice. How awesome is that?
Don’t forget to visit NFL Hispanic Heritage for a look at the personal stories of Hispanic players, past and present, who share a NFL legacy.
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!