Not ready for Valentine’s Day? That’s ok, I have you covered with this week’s Whip It Up Wednesday! There is still plenty of time to whip up a few crafts for your Valentine’s Day celebration. Maybe the kids are having something at school, or you’re getting your BFFs together for a Galentine’s Day party? (See last year’s I Love Lucy Party for fun BFF ideas) Or maybe you’re getting the ladies together for a sweet tea party? Whatever the crowd, you’re gonna need a Valentines and Treat Holder or two. So, today I’m sharing how to make a Valentine’s Day Treat Holder just like the ones I made for last year’s Sweetheart Valentine’s Day Party.
Let’s get Started!
Valentine’s Day Treat Holder – Whip It Up Wednesday
For my party, I created some fun Heart Cookie Pockets, Heart Milk Glasses and His & Hers Straw Toppers using the following: Sizzix Big Shot, cutting pads, Layered Valentine Bigz die, Kiss Mix Bigz die, Pocket Heart Bigz die, cardstock, pink vinyl and scrapbook paper.
Starting with the Heart Pocket die, I created a sandwich. The Sizzix sandwich for Bigz dies is as follows: Cutting Pad, Bigz die, paper and second Cutting Pad on top. Then I passed it through the Big Shot.
With one pass of the handle, I was able to get two identical hearts.
I folded the tabs at the creases and glued them together to form the pocket.
Next, I filled the pockets with cookies for my party table. Aren’t they cute?
Next, I moved on to the glasses and straw toppers. Using the Kiss Mix Bigz die and the same sandwich method as described above, I die cut a mustache and a set of lips for the straw toppers. I slid the straw through the slit on the lips and attached the mustache to the straw with double sided tape.
Next for the adorable glasses, I created a Sizzix sandwich with the Layered Valentine Bigz die and pink vinyl. I simply placed the vinyl faced down on top of the die between two cutting pads and passed it through the machine. I then placed the heart die cuts on the glasses and attached the paper straws with coordinating twine.
I also die cut a few more lips and mustaches for my popcorn cups.
I also die cut a few gold silhouettes for milk glasses. You can see my full tutorial HERE.
And that’s it! Simple and fun Valentine’s Day decor perfect for any Sweetheart Celebration!
Give one or all of these ideas a shot and let me know how it goes! I’d love to hear from you.
Don’t have time now? That’s ok! Pin it for later on!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!