I’m excited to be participating in the 13 Days of Handmade Halloween Blog Hop hosted by our friends over at Cupcakes Wishes & Birthday Dreams! Looking for a budget friendly Halloween costume or decor idea? I’ve have you covered with this fun DIY Scary Movie Hockey Mask tutorial! PLUS you can enter win a gift card to Oriental Trading!
Disclosure: As an OTC blogger, I received compensation and/or products in exchange for my styling and crafting services. As always, all opinions are my own.
DIY Scary Movie Hockey Mask
Did you catch all the creepy fun details from our Scary Movie Halloween Party? I went all out with lots of fun DIYs and as promised I’m excited to share how you can convert a simple Hockey Mask into a Scary Movie Hockey Mask worthy of any Jason fan!
What you will need:
First you will need to rough up the mask by sanding it with the sandpaper. This will not only give the mask a worn texture, but it will remove the gloss so that paint can adhere to it better.
Next, you will lightly brush on gold metallic paint, rubbing it off as you go to give it a dirty look.
Next, you will continue adding layers of copper paint, rubbing off as you go to give the mask layers of texture. Add black paint shadows around the holes for more dimension.
Once the mask has dried, paint red details on the mask and let dry.
And that’s it! Super easy and fun for the biggest horror movie fan!
Be sure to check out all the other awesome Handmade Halloween ideas starting with Cupcake Wishes and Birthday Dreams!
Don’t forget to enter the giveaway!
PIN FOR LATER
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!