I’m excited to be participating in the 13 Days of Handmade Halloween Blog Hop hosted by our friends over at Cupcakes Wishes & Birthday Dreams! Looking for a budget friendly Halloween costume or decor idea? I’ve have you covered with this fun DIY Scary Movie Hockey Mask tutorial! PLUS you can enter win a gift card to Oriental Trading!
Disclosure: As an OTC blogger, I received compensation and/or products in exchange for my styling and crafting services. As always, all opinions are my own.
DIY Scary Movie Hockey Mask
Did you catch all the creepy fun details from our Scary Movie Halloween Party? I went all out with lots of fun DIYs and as promised I’m excited to share how you can convert a simple Hockey Mask into a Scary Movie Hockey Mask worthy of any Jason fan!
What you will need:
First you will need to rough up the mask by sanding it with the sandpaper. This will not only give the mask a worn texture, but it will remove the gloss so that paint can adhere to it better.
Next, you will lightly brush on gold metallic paint, rubbing it off as you go to give it a dirty look.
Next, you will continue adding layers of copper paint, rubbing off as you go to give the mask layers of texture. Add black paint shadows around the holes for more dimension.
Once the mask has dried, paint red details on the mask and let dry.
And that’s it! Super easy and fun for the biggest horror movie fan!
Be sure to check out all the other awesome Handmade Halloween ideas starting with Cupcake Wishes and Birthday Dreams!
Don’t forget to enter the giveaway!
PIN FOR LATER
- How to Decorate an Umbrella with Vinyl and Cricut
- How to Sublimate Faux Leather Coasters
- Halloween Harry Potter Wreath – Dollar Tree DIY
- DIY Lord of The Rings Party Sign | Cricut Vinyl Tutorial
- EASY DIY Frosted Glass Vase | Whip It Up Wednesday
- Next Stop, Hogwarts! – A Harry Potter Birthday Party
- Christmas Painting Party | Social Artworking
- Feel The Orgullo With Ensalada de Frutas con Chile | Fruit Salad With Chile Recipe