I’m still loving all things cactus! So when I signed up for the latest round of Craft Lightning, I knew I wanted to make a fun Cactus Pin Cushion for my new studio. This project is super simple to make and can be done in 15 minutes or so!
Disclosure: This is NOT a sponsored post. However, this post contains affiliate links, which means I get a small commission from your purchases from my links, with absolutely no extra charge to you! 🙂 #CricutMade
DIY Cactus Pin Cushion
I’ve been renovating my new Studio lately and found the cutest little llama for my shelf. And since I love to sew, I figured a felt Cactus pin cushion would be the perfect little addition!
These make cute little fiesta party favors for Cinco de Mayo, too!
I’m super excited to share how you can easily make one of your own, so let’s get started!
What you will need:
- Cricut Maker
- Cactus Design
- Green and Pink Felt
- Sewing Machine or Thread and Needle
- Hot Glue Gun
- Mini Clay Pot
- Craft Foam
- Wooden Skewer
- Sewing Pins
Start by loading the design in Cricut Design Space. Load the Cricut Maker with your felt, making sure you use the Fabric Grip cutting map and the Rotary Blade. Send the file to the machine and watch it cut the felt perfectly!
Once the felt is cut, sew the two pieces together using a blanket stitch. (If you do this part by hand, it most likely will take longer than 15 minutes.)
Next, stuff the cactus with polyfil. Use a skewer to stuff the narrow sections.
Cut a small strip of pink felt and roll it into a flower. Attach it to the cactus with hot glue. Next, fill a mini clay pot with craft foam. Cover the foam with felt and hot glue it to the foam. Next, apply hot glue to the bottom of the cactus and place it in the pot. Add your sewing pins and you’re all set!
Isn’t it adorable? I can’t wait for you to try this fun little project, it’s SEW easy! 😉
PIN FOR LATER!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!