If you’re planning a Arabian Nights or Jasmine inspired party soon, I have the perfect party prop for you! You can make a DIY Genie Lamp in under 15 minutes with just a few steps and I’m excited to share it with you. So let’s get started!
Disclosure: This post includes product I received free of charge. As always, my opinions are 100% my own. This post contains affiliate links, which means I get a small commission from your purchases from my links, with absolutely no extra charge to you!
How to Transform a Toy Genie Lamp in Under 10 Minutes
As I was sharing in my post on How to Make Paper Flowers in Less than 10 Minutes, I recently had the pleasure of planning my dear friend’s 40th birthday party. Her theme was a combination of all her favorite Arabian Nights, Moroccan and Bollywood elements and so of course we had to have some Genie Lamps! I found these fun toy Genie Lamps at Oriental Trading Company and knew with a little bit of effort, they’d be perfect for the party table.
Supplies Needed to Transform a Genie Lamp
Start by applying Mod Podge sporadically on the Genie Lamp.
Next, apply the Gold Foil Leaf sheet to the Mod Podge.
With a dry brush, remove the excess foil. Repeat as necessary.
Doesn’t that look so much better? I loved how they were immediately transformed! And best of all it can be done in under 10 minutes!
This little DIY Genie Lamp added so much fun to the party table. I can’t wait to share the rest of this beautiful party with you! Meanwhile be sure to check my tutorial for the Paper Flower Tea Lights and the birthday girl’s favorite cocktail, Twisted Pink Lemonade!
PIN FOR LATER!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!