Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC. All opinions are mine alone. #FlauntYourHaunt #PreTrickOrTreatParty
Ahoy Matey! Halloween is creeping upon us and I’m excited to share a fun way to send off the ghouls and ghosts for an evening filled of fun Trick or Treats! How about a Pre Trick or Treat Halloween Party to kick of the evening fun? So let’s get started on the fun starring Mars Chocolate Variety Mix Stand-up Pouch, M&M’S® Milk Chocolate Candies Ghoul’s Mix and M&M’S® Peanut Chocolate Candies Ghoul’s Mix!
Pre Trick or Treat Halloween Party Ideas
If you have been following my blog, you would know it’s tradition for us to host at least one Pirate themed party a year. This dates back to when my oldest boys were wee lads, and the tradition carries on this year with this fun Pirate themed Pre Trick or Treat Halloween Party!
Pirate themed parties are classic and I think the simplest to throw together quickly. Especially for a weekday party when you need to rush home from picking up the kids or after a long workday! Set and forget your favorite chili recipe in the crock pot for your guests and start decorating! All you need is a set of skeletons. Mermaids and Pirates are ideal; but regular skeletons work just fine too! Simply dress them up with a few sashes and you have instant pirate skeletons!
Fishing nets and skulls go a long way with pirate parties. Add a creepy candelabra or two and your table is all set! Of course, you’ll need plenty of candy! The 400 piece Mars Chocolate Variety Mix Stand-up Pouch is perfect for any party and of course plenty for Halloween night! You can find the Chocolate Variety Mix Stand-up Pouch at Walmart along with the M&M’S® Milk Chocolate Candies Ghoul’s Mix and M&M’S® Peanut Chocolate Candies Ghoul’s Mix that you will need to make my favorite cookie recipe (see below).
Decorate the candy bowls with more skulls.
Don’t forget the pirate treasure! Jewels, plastic goblets, pieces of eight and aged nautical decor are great for setting the scene.
Planning an outdoor party? Here in California, we often have hot Halloween nights, so why not host the party outside by the pool? Heave ho and create a makeshift mast by decorating a sun umbrella with some nautical decor, Jolly Roger flag and of course another scalawag pirate skeleton!
Throw in some pirate swords for guests along with some more pirate’s treasure. Make sure to have extra sashes and eye patches just in case you have a guest who needs a last minute costume. After all, it’s no fun missing out!
Avast ye and don’t forget to include extra loot bags, glow necklaces and flashlights for the ghosts and goblins to wear while canvasing the neighborhood for treats. Also remind them to use the buddy system!
Shiver me timbers! I almost forgot to share my favorite cookie recipe! These cookies made with your choice of M&M’S® Milk Chocolate Candies Ghoul’s Mix and M&M’S® Peanut Chocolate Candies Ghoul’s Mix are sure to be a hit and make great homemade party favors.
M&M’S® Cookie Recipe
What you will need:
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups M&M’S® Milk Chocolate Candies Ghoul’s Mix or M&M’S® Peanut Chocolate Candies Ghoul’s Mix
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the brown sugar, white sugar, shortening, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl. Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon,and salt. Mix with spoon. Stir in the M&M’S® candies.
Roll the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Top with a few extra M&M’S® candies. Bake for 10-12 minutes and cool on a cooling rack.
I hope you find these quick and easy tips for a Pre Trick or Treat Halloween Party and safety tips useful (and the cookies delectable)!
Be sure to head over to Walmart and stock up on the Mars Chocolate Variety Mix Stand-up Pouch, M&M’S® Milk Chocolate Candies Ghoul’s Mix and M&M’S® Peanut Chocolate Candies Ghoul’s Mix! Click the shoppable image above for easy shopping!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!