Hey crafty friends! I’m back with another project this week. This time I’m sharing how to make a no-sew pillow from a sweatshirt! So let’s get started!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links, at no additional cost to you. I originally created this project for HometalkTV.
How to Make a No Sew Pillow From a Sweatshirt
Do you have an old sweatshirt laying around that just doesn’t fit anymore but you don’t want to get rid of it? How about a loved one’s favorite sweatshirt that you’d love to repurpose for a memorial pillow? Maybe you have an old college sweatshirt from your school days that you’d like to pass down to your kids? Then this project is for you, and the best part is you don’t need a sewing machine to make it!
What you will need:
- Chalk or fabric marker
- Scissors or Rotary Cutter Kit
- Grommet Tool Kit
- Pillow Insert
- Heavy Duty Hole Punch
Start by marking the area of the sweatshirt that you want for your pillow with the ruler and chalk. Keep in mind the size of the pillow insert you have to make sure it’s large enough.
Using the Rotary Cutter Kit or scissors, cut the area. You will be cutting both the top and bottom of the sweatshirt at the same time.
Using the ruler and chalk make a mark around the design’s edge about 1 inch apart. This is where you will make the holes for the grommets.
Using the heavy-duty hole punch, punch holes in both top and bottom pieces at the same time.
Next, using the grommet tool kit, add the grommets on three sides.
Insert the pillow insert then add the grommets to the opening.
Now it’s time to add a coordinating ribbon!
Tie a bow at the corner and you’re all set!
Wasn’t that easy? I love how this project turned out and it’s really a great way of repurposing an old sweatshirt that has sentimental meaning!
I created a step-by-step video to walk you through the process. Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel for more easy crafts!
Be sure to follow me on all at the social media outlets at @michellespartyplanit and tag me if you make this project. I’d love to see your creations!
Want another No Sew Idea? Check out my Easy No Sew Fabric Garland!
PIN FOR LATER!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!