Hi friend! Have you heard about the new HTVRONT Auto Tumbler Press? I’m here to share everything I know about it so let’s get started!
Disclosure: This post includes products received by HTVRONT for review. As always, opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links, at no additional cost to you.
Is the HTVRONT Auto Tumbler Press right for you?
There are so many choices on the market when it comes to tumbler and mug sublimation. So many that it can make your head spin! Some presses require additional attachments, some are made only for mugs and others are clunky in style. And I’ve tried the most popular presses on the market so I was super excited to try out the new HTVRONT Auto Tumbler Press.
Let’s dig into the specifications per the HTVRONT website:
HTVRONT Auto Tumbler Press is an automated heat press designed to work seamlessly with a variety of tumblers, mugs, and cups. With just one click, this heat press enables professionals to work with utmost efficiency while providing novices with unmatched convenience. It is ideal for designing one-of-a-kind gifts for family and friends on holidays, anniversaries, festivals, birthdays, and other special occasions.
Here is the guideline I used for testing the tumbler, mugs and glass can…
Your mileage may vary depending on your printer settings, paper and substrates. All brands sub a little different.
Stainless Steel Tumblers
Heat Resistant Tape
Heat Resistant Gloves (included with press)
These designs in Creative Fabrica:
Now that you’ve seen it in action, here’s what I think….
Things I love about it: PROS
- Ease of use. No adjusting pressure, it does the work for you!
- I love the look of it. It looks great in my studio and matches my HTVRONT Auto Press.
- Ability to press more than 1 mug at a time.
- Does not heat up your work space like a sublimation oven.
- Does not emit a “fishy” odor like other tumbler presses.
- This machine is designed to sublimate various sizes and substrates, no hacks or silicone mats needed.
- Portability, much easier to take with you on a craft day etc. than a traditional press or oven.
- Light weight, it’s super easy to move around your work space.
- Includes heat resistant tape and a set of heat resistant gloves.
Things I don’t love about it: CONS
- The manual does not include suggested times and temps for use. Hopefully HTVRONT will update their website soon to include guidelines for sublimating the different substrates.
- Size limits – per their website, it accommodates mugs and tumblers with the diameter of 7.5 to 8.5cm (2.95-3.35in). You cannot sublimate the larger tumblers like the popular 40 ounce tumblers. And there aren’t any attachments that you can purchase to do them. So if you want to sublimate the larger tumblers, this tumbler press may not be for you.
- Pressing times are a bit longer than with a traditional heat press. Temps and times are somewhere between a traditional press and sublimation oven.
I hope you find this test run and review helpful in your desicion making process. I will continue to use and evaluate this press as I try new substrates, so be sure to follow me on social media @michellespartyplanit for all the latest sublimation projects.
UPDATE #1 – How close to the mug handle can you Press?
I received a few questions, so wanted to address them with a video. Note: I tested a 12 ounce mug, larger mugs may fit differently.
UPDATE #2 – What other Tumblers and Mugs fit in the HTVRONT Auto Tumbler Press?
In response to even more questions about what all can be pressed in this new auto tumbler press, I created a video showing you what I tried out so far.
Also tried a full color tumbler, check it out below!
PIN FOR LATER!
- How to Make Glass Can Wraps with Sublimation Stickers
- Sublimation Stickers – Are They Waterproof?
- How to Sublimate Mugs in Cricut Mug Press with Cricut Design Space
- PYD Life 2 in 1 Tumbler Press Review
- How to Sublimate a Stainless Steel Water Bottle with the Cricut Mug Press
- How to Sublimate on Cotton with Glitter HTV
- HTVRONT Auto Heat Press Product Review
- How to Sublimate Tumblers with the Cricut Mug Press