(Disclosure: I received products from Oriental Trading included in this post, however all opinions are my own.)
My husband has a great sense of humor and has always made me laugh, you know that kind of laugh that hurts and you can’t breathe? Yep, he’s hilarious and has the best smile (all reasons why I fell head over heels for him so long ago). So anyways (as Nacho would say), my sons have inherited his wonderful sense of humor and love for a quirky comedies like Nacho Libre (and Napoleon Dynamite). I admit, when I first saw the movie back in 2006 I didn’t know what to think. Well, it has definitely grown on me since then, so much that I find myself quoting lines with my boys on a regular basis. When I asked my boys what kind of party we should plan for Father’s Day, it was no surprise when they unanimously voted for a Nacho inspired fiesta!
“Summon your Eagle Powers”
“Did you not tell them that they were the Lord’s chips?”
“Save me a piece of that corn, ok?” Check out my recipe for 10 minute Mexican Style Corn here.
“He’s the BEST!”
“Those eggs were a lie, Steven. A LIE! They give me no eagle powers! The give me no nutrients!”
“So anyways, let’s get down to the nitty gritty…”
“Beneath the clothes, we find a man… and beneath the man, we find his… nucleus.”
“My life is good. Real good.”
“Don’t you want a little taste of the glory? See what it tastes like?”
Nacho Libre Party
We had so much fun sourcing goodies for this party. We made a couple of family trips to downtown Los Angeles and local Mercados to purchase the table runners, Luchador masks, mini sombreros, puppets, paper flowers and Mexican candies. I created the backdrop and coordinating cupcake toppers and favor tags. My boys and I compiled our favorite quotes for the activity placements I made for the kids. I made the Eagle and Egg cupcake toppers, Nacho masks and mustaches with my Cricut Explore. I also set up a little Mercado cart to display all the goodies and props.
Since everyone knows Luchadors get showered with gifts and goodies, our dessert table had a large spread of sweeties. Autumn from Autumn Lynns Chocolate Sins sent me the PERFECT Nacho Libre cake pops and Ramses Candy Apples. My friend Theresa made Nacho, Silencio and Ramses cookies. I served Pan Dulce (Mexican Sweet Bread), Mexican candies, cupcakes, cake, spicy chicharones (pork rinds) and of course the Orphan’s Chips. For dinner I made a taco and tostada bar with corn on the cob. “Get that corn outta my face!”
My boys had a blast posing and wrestling in their Luchador Masks. The kids also colored some Luchador masks and played video games.
We watched Nacho Libre for the millionth time, ate and then ate some more, laughed and had a great time! I hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating Father’s Day with your loved ones!
Thank you for visiting and God Bless!
I received products from Oriental Trading included in this post, however all opinions are my own.
“Chancho. When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room. It’s for fun.”
PIN FOR LATER!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!