This post is written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ClubBash #CollectiveBias
Dia de Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) is just around the corner! How will you celebrate? Day of the Dead isn’t limited to just the Latin culture. Many of the traditional elements have become integrated with Halloween celebrations. You can find Sugar Skulls and Calaveras in most stores during the Halloween season. Traditionally, Dia de Los Muertos is celebrated on November 1 and 2. It’s a time to remember those loved ones who have passed. Families get together and celebrate the lives of relatives and often prepare altars and offerings. This celebration of life often involves food and treats.
To help prepare for the upcoming holiday, I’m excited to be sharing with you a simple tutorial for Dia de Los Muertos Favor Boxes.
My girlfriends and I recently got together and I decided to style a little Dia de Los Muertos table. I set out some simple appetizers which included Spicy Weenie Bites (Chile con Weenie) made with Ball Park® Franks and Tyson®Chicken Nuggets with Chile Dipping Sauce. Along with some pan dulce and Mexican candies.
I also made some favor boxes, since you can’t have a get together without party favors! They make perfect “To Go” boxes for non saucy foods.
DIY Dia de Los Muertos Favor Boxes
If you are planning a Day of the Dead celebration, these are the perfect party favor. This is a fun way to convert a open top popcorn box into a closed favor box. You can fill them with almost any kind of treat.
What you will need:
- Popcorn Boxes
- Dia de Los Muertos Stickers
- Hole Punch
- Baker’s Twine
Start by assembling the popcorn box. Pinch in the sides to make it a closed box. Punch two holes through the top of the box with the hole punch.
Next, fill it with your desired treats and thread in the baker’s twine to close.
Place a Day of the Dead sticker on the card-stock and cut around the sticker to create a border.
Now you have a tag! Punch a hole toward the top of the tag.
Tie the tag to the box and you have Dia de Los Muertos Favor Boxes!
Use different stickers for each box for variety. You can even fill them with Chicken Nuggets!
You can find Ball Park® Franks and Tyson® Chicken Nuggets at Sam’s Club. Chicken Nuggets are in the frozen foods section and the Ball Park® Franks are in the refrigerated aisle.
Do you celebrate Dia de los Muertos? What will you be serving during the celebration? I would love to hear from you! Click here for more party inspiration from Tyson.
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!