Do you celebrate Dia de Los Muertos? I’m excited to share a fun craft for both children and adults for your celebration! If you and the kids like to paint, then this is the perfect craft for you. It’s also a great activity to set up during the celebration. I recently styled a Dia de Los Muertos Party and the kids and I had a blast making these masks.
This post is sponsored by DecoArt. I am a DecoArt Core Blogger, all opinions are my own.
Let’s get started!
Dia de Los Muertos Masks
What you will need:
Wooden Day of the Dead Mask
DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints
- Radiant Yellow Neon Lights
- Snow White
- Lamp Black or a black permanent marker
- Purple Pizzazz
- Carousel Pink
- Desert Turquoise
Hot Glue Gun
Start by applying one coat of Snow White paint on the mask. You should still see the pattern underneath. Let Dry.
Next, paint the details of the mask in the other colors. I started with Neon Lights. I love how bright it is!
Once you have painted all the details, trace over the design with Black paint or a permanent marker. My painting skills are limited, so I used a permanent marker to redefine the design. Next, add a few gems in the center of the flowers with hot glue.
And you’re all set! The perfect activity for any Dia de Los Muertos celebration!
Check out the more of our fun from our Dia de Los Muertos party and let me know how you celebrate! I’d love to hear from you!
- HTVRONT Heat Press and Mini Heat Press Review
- How to Make a St. Patrick’s Day Dog Bandana
- How to Use the We R Memory Keepers Button Press
- DIY Halloween Gnome | Dollar Tree Craft
- Till Death Do Us Part Gothic Bridal Shower
- How To Make Easy New Year’s Eve Party Favors
- Easy Rustic Christmas Party Decor and Dessert Table
- Batman Party Ideas