Do you celebrate Dia de Los Muertos? I’m excited to share a fun craft for both children and adults for your celebration! If you and the kids like to paint, then this is the perfect craft for you. It’s also a great activity to set up during the celebration. I recently styled a Dia de Los Muertos Party and the kids and I had a blast making these masks.
This post is sponsored by DecoArt. I am a DecoArt Core Blogger, all opinions are my own.
Let’s get started!
Dia de Los Muertos Masks
What you will need:
Wooden Day of the Dead Mask
- Radiant Yellow Neon Lights
- Snow White
- Lamp Black or a black permanent marker
- Purple Pizzazz
- Carousel Pink
- Desert Turquoise
Hot Glue Gun
Start by applying one coat of Snow White paint on the mask. You should still see the pattern underneath. Let Dry.
Next, paint the details of the mask in the other colors. I started with Neon Lights. I love how bright it is!
Once you have painted all the details, trace over the design with Black paint or a permanent marker. My painting skills are limited, so I used a permanent marker to redefine the design. Next, add a few gems in the center of the flowers with hot glue.
And you’re all set! The perfect activity for any Dia de Los Muertos celebration!
Check out the more of our fun from our Dia de Los Muertos party and let me know how you celebrate! I’d love to hear from you!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!