This post is sponsored by DecoArt. I am a DecoArt Core Blogger, all opinions are my own.
I am so excited to announce that I have been hand selected to join the DecoArt Core Blogger Team for 2016-2017! I have loved DecoArt products for years and I couldn’t be more thrilled to be able to help inspire others to create with one of my favorite brands!
Let’s get started!
For my first project, I was asked to create a geometric home decor item using the new colors in the Americana Acrylic paint line. I love the new colors, and it’s hard to pick a favorite, so I wanted to feature as many as I could in my project. I selected Bright Salmon, Teal Mint, Frosted Plum, Chartreuse Yellow and Aqua Sky. I dug out a piece of wood on hand from an unfinished project which I had previously whitewashed. I wanted it to look a little rustic to show the raw wood, so I sanded it down leaving very little paint behind.
Spring cleaning is in the air and while I was cleaning out my son’s playroom, I found several geometric shapes from a game he no longer owns. Luckily I kept a few, just in case I wanted to use them for a project. These little shapes are so fun because you can join them together to make images, perfect for Wall Art!
Using a craft foam brush, I applied three coats to each geometric shape. If I had to pick, I think Aqua Sky may be my favorite. Isn’t it a lovely shade?
Once the pieces were dry, I laid them on the wood plaque in the shape of a butterfly and glued them down.
And that’s it! Rustic meets modern decor! I love how it turned out and I think it’s the perfect piece of Wall Art to welcome Spring! What do you think?
Thank you for stopping by and be sure to check out the DecoArt Blog to read more about the Core Blogger team!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!