It’s been nearly 16 years since the release of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring and it’s still a family favorite in my household. My oldest son literally grew up watching the movies and reading the books. Being the huge J.R.R. Tolkien fan that he is, a Lord of the Rings party was the perfect theme for him to celebrate his graduation. I couldn’t have thought of a better theme to wish him well as he heads off to his next adventure! As always, a party for a family member means lots of fun DIYs and crafts. I’m excited to share how to emboss with Cricut Lord of the Rings Napkin Rings of your own to rule them all!
As a member of the Cricut Blogger Program, I receive compensation and/or products in exchange for my crafting and design services. As always, all opinions are my own. #madewithcricut
How to Emboss with Cricut – Lord of the Rings Napkin Rings
What you will need: (Affiliate Links)
- Cricut Explore Air 2™
- Cutting Mat
- Scoring Tool from the Cricut Tools Kit
- ONE Ring Inscription Image (source: Wikipedia)
- Blank Napkin Cut File
- Gold Cardstock from the Recollections Flower Pack
- Cloth Napkins
To change the inscription file into a scoring file, first click on the inscription layer on the right hand side menu, then click the Score Icon under Layer Attributes. Be sure to group and attach the two images.
Apply the gold cardstock on the cutting mat and turn the dial to Cardstock.
Following the prompts in Cricut Design Space. Load the mat and insert the scoring tool. The machine will magically emboss the inscription and cut each napkin ring.
Remove the napkin rings from the mat and bend them slightly so that they don’t leave harsh fold creases.
Connect the two ends to create a ring and apply a small piece of tape in the back of the ring to keep it secure.
Place a cloth napkin in the ring and you’re all set!
Now set out your Lord of the Rings Napkin Rings on your Shire Tablescape and enjoy the Fellowship!
Be sure to check out my other LOTR tutorials!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!