Chances are, if you’ve seen the Lord of The Rings: Fellowship of the Ring you noticed Bilbo’s ever so welcoming sign on his gate. Well, I couldn’t have thought of a more perfect sign to welcome our guests at my son’s recent Graduation party. So of course, I had to create my own using my new Cricut Explore Air 2 and a slat sign from Oriental Trading! I’m excited to share how you can too with this easy to follow tutorial.
Disclosure: As an OTC blogger and member of the Cricut Blogger program, I received compensation and/or products in exchange for my styling and crafting services. As always, all opinions are my own. #madewithcricut
Not only did I make the famous Bilbo’s sign for the entry way, I also created a sign with my son’s favorite quote for the party table.
Let’s get started!
DIY Lord of The Rings Party Sign
What you will need: (affiliate links)
- Cricut Explore Air 2™
- Cutting Mat
- Cricut Vinyl
- Cricut Transfer Tape
- Cricut Tools
- DIY Slat Sign
- White Paint
- Paint Brush
If you are new to Cricut, be sure to check out my video for cutting vinyl with your Cricut. It’s great for beginner crafters!
With a craft brush, apply one layer of white paint to the DIY Slat Sign and let dry. I only painted one of the slat signs. The “No Admittance” sign, I left natural wood.
Open Cricut Design Space and start a new project. I’ve included the graphics for you Simply upload the designs below into Cricut Design Space, and follow the prompts to remove the background space.
When you are ready to cut, turn the dial to select the Vinyl setting.
Next, apply the vinyl to the mat with the right side facing up. Load the mat into the Cricut by pushing the arrow button.
Once the mat is loaded follow the prompts in Cricut Design Space.
Once the design is cut, push the arrow button to unload the mat. Remove the vinyl from the mat, leaving the cut design.
Using your Cricut Tools; weed the vinyl to remove the little pieces in between the letters.
Cut a piece of Transfer Tape close to the same size of the design and remove the paper backing. Apply the transfer tape on top of your design.
Using the burnish tool, rub the Transfer Tape firmly on top of the vinyl. And slowly pull back the Transfer Tape. The design will then come off the paper backing for easy application.
Center your design on your painted slat sign and apply the vinyl. Rub the Transfer Tape firmly with the burnish tool and slowly remove the Transfer Tape. Be sure to rub the vinyl in between the slats as well. This will leave a nice and clean design!
And that’s it! Simple custom Lord of the Rings inspired party signs!
PIN FOR LATER!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!