When it comes to epic movies based on books, the Lord of the Rings Trilogy is my ultimate favorite. As much as I love it, my oldest son loves it even more. He literally grew up watching the films through the years and more recently the Hobbit saga. My son has always subtly hinted at wanting a Lord of the Rings party. But since his birthday is in October, we would usually end up celebrating with some sort of Halloween theme. Being the awesome Mom that I am (wink wink), I made a mental note of his request. When it came time to start planning his Graduation party, I knew a Lord of the Rings party inspired by Bilbo Baggins’ quote “I think I’m quite ready for another adventure” would be perfect. So off we were to plan an epic LOTR party worthy of any adventure loving Hobbit!
Disclosure: As an OTC blogger and member of the Cricut Blogger program, I received compensation and/or products in exchange for my crafting projects. As always, all opinions are my own. #madewithcricut
Being that LOTR party decor isn’t mainstream and there hasn’t been a related movie release for some time, I knew I’d have to create the majority of my decorations. One of my favorite DIYs were these Mallorn Leaf Party Favors. (If you aren’t familiar with the Mallorn leaf, the Elves used it to wrap the Lembus bread given to the Fellowship for their journey.)
Lord of the Rings Mallorn Leaf Party Favors
Supplies Used: (affiliate links)
- Cricut Explore Air 2
- Cutting Mat
- Cricut Explore Pen – Black
- Mallorn Leaf Image (source: Formbirds)
- Green Paper from the Fall Super 50 Pack Paper
- Natural Jute Cording
- Mallorn Leaf Clasps
I started by importing a Mallorn Leaf image into Cricut Design Space and saving it as a cut file. I then edited the file to create the lines that I wanted drawn instead of cut. Here’s a quick video to show you how.
Then I simply filled each leaf with candy.
Next, I folded the leaf and tied it with some jute cording.
And that’s it! Simple and easy Mallorn Leaf Party Favors, perfect for any Lord of the Rings themed celebration!
Not wanting to fill the Mallorn Leaf Party Favors with candy? These fun Mallorn Leaf Clasps fit nicely too!
PIN FOR LATER!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!