Party favors are a must have for any celebration! We recently celebrated my oldest son’s graduation with a Lord of the Rings inspired Dinner Party. So of course, I wanted to craft some custom themed party favors for our guests! I’m excited to share how I made Tree of Gondor Party Favor bags using my new Cricut Explore Air 2 and bags from Oriental Trading!
Disclosure: As an OTC blogger and member of the Cricut Blogger program, I received compensation and/or products in exchange for my styling and crafting services. As always, all opinions are my own. #madewithcricut
Tree of Gondor Party Favors
Let’s get started!
What you will need: (affiliate links)
- Cricut Explore Air 2™
- Cutting Mat
- White Iron On Vinyl
- DIY Mini Drawstring Bags – 12 pcs.
- Iron and press cloth
- White Tree of Gondor Image – Source: Dr. Draze
When you are ready to cut, turn the dial to select the Iron On setting.
Next, apply the vinyl to the mat with the liner side down. Load the mat into the Cricut by pushing the arrow button. Once the mat is loaded you can click the GO button in Design Space and the file will be sent to the Cricut via bluetooth. Click the lit Cricut button on the machine to start cutting. Once the design is cut, push the arrow button to unload the mat. Remove the vinyl from the mat.
Using the Cricut weeding tool, remove the negative iron on film leaving just the cut image on the liner.
Set the iron to the cotton setting and make sure the steam function is turned off. You’ll want to pre-heat the mini bag by placing the iron on it for 15 seconds.
Next, place the image with the liner side up onto the bag and place a press cloth on top. Iron for 25-30 seconds with medium pressure. Flip the bag over and iron the back for another 25 seconds.
Now just let it cool for 1-2 minutes then remove the lining for the big reveal!
And that’s it! Now just fill the White Tree of Gondor party favor bags with your favorite candies and you’re all set!
PIN FOR LATER!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!