This post has been sponsored by Krazy Glue. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
It’s almost December and holiday gift giving is in full swing! I’m excited to share a fun DIY Holiday Wine Crate idea great for family and friends gift giving. This simple rustic wine crate isn’t just for wine, you can fill it with your favorite beverage and wine glasses too!
With all the holiday parties, gift exchanges and dinner celebrations this time of year; this DIY Holiday Wine Crate makes the perfect gift with a personal touch.
I’m excited to share a step by step tutorial for making this wine crate in less than an hour. This craft idea is also a great activity for a crafty afternoon with your girlfriends. Enjoy some wine and appetizers while you paint and create!
I personally love receiving hand crafted gifts, especially a gift I can use year after year. I know my neighbors, co-workers and friends will love a crate of their own, tailored to their personal style. The best part is you can make each one unique with a different paint color or paint techniques, ribbon and holiday sentiments. You can find everything you need to decorate, embellish and fill the crate at Walmart including Krazy Glue.
DIY Holiday Wine Crate | Gift Ideas
What you will need:
- Unfinished Wooden Wine Crate
- Red Paint
- Krazy Glue
- Small Wood Slice
- Vinyl Die Cut
- Christmas Ribbon
- Gift Tag
- Paint Brush
Start by applying one coat of red paint to the crate and let dry. Apply a second coat if needed. Be sure to paint the inside slots as well.
If you want more of a rustic look, you can distress the edges of the slats with some sand paper. Another fun idea for the non-wine drinkers is to use chalkboard paint on one of the slats and fill it with craft supplies. The slots are the perfect size for paint bottles, brushes, glue sticks and more!
While the crate paint is drying, add the vinyl die cut to the small wood slice. If you don’t have a die cutting machine, you can easily paint the wood slice with a holiday sentiment.
Next, apply a generous amount of Krazy Glue on the back of the wood slice. Krazy Glue is a staple in my craft space, the Skin Guard formula is my favorite!
Now simply place the decorated wood slice on the front of the wine crate and hold for about 30-45 seconds.
And that’s it, just fill up the wine crate with your favorite wine, sparkling cider, beer, flavored water or even your favorite soda in glass bottles. You can add a set of wine glasses trimmed with holiday ribbon for an extra special touch. Just add a holiday gift tag and you’re all set for gift giving!
I gotta say, I love how my crate turned out. I am tempted to save this one for our upcoming White Elephant Gift Exchange at work. I know it will be a popular gift among my co-workers and their spouses!
I hope you find this gift idea helpful for your holiday planning!
Check out this Ibotta offer for Krazy Glue!
PIN FOR LATER!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!