I’ve been wanting wine barrels for years, literally years! Realizing that wine barrels aren’t on a list of necessities, I could never find myself spending 100s of dollars for a set. I’ve searched craigslist, classifieds, online etc. and just couldn’t find a good local deal. Until one day I walked into my local big box store and saw the plastic barrel planters for $18. Yep, $18! As I stood there telling myself I just had to have one for a tree in the back yard, it hit me! I could make my own wine barrel for $36 each! That’s less than a real wooden half barrel at the hardware store! I can’t be the only person in the world with dreams of wine barrels in their party stash, so here I am sharing this discovery with a DIY Wine Barrels tutorial for Whip It Up Wednesday! 🙂
Let’s get started!
DIY Wine Barrels
Because this is just so stinking exciting, here’s a peek at the finished result. LOVE IT!!
For each barrel you will need:
- 2 half barrel plastic planters
- 1.5 x 1.5 wood
- Circular Saw
- (6) 1.5-inch drywall screws
- Straight Edge
- Pencil or Pen
Start by measuring 4.5 inches on the wood and marking it with a straight edge.
Next, using a circular saw, cut along the line. You will need three pieces of cut wood for each barrel.
Next, pre-drill the wood and screw the wood into the inside of the barrel.
Repeat for a total of 3 wood supports.
Place the second barrel on top and line up the pre-drilled holes. Drive the screws, securing the two barrels together.
And that’s it! Instant Wine Barrels at the fraction of the cost and all the appeal! Doesn’t it look fab? The best part is that all I have to do is unscrew them for easy stackable storage! No bulky barrels for this party girl!
My perfect new barrels will make their debut in my upcoming Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Men Tell No Tales inspired party. So be sure to come back for the big reveal!
PIN IT FOR LATER!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!