Are you a Frida Kahlo fan or planning a fiesta soon? Being a latina and living in Southern California, I’m no stranger to the strong impact Frida’s art has made on the Hispanic community. Her unique style and influence can be seen all throughout Mexican culture. I’ve been wanting to create a Frida inspired craft for a while now and I’m excited to share how you can create your very own Frida Party Favor with felt in 15 minutes or less.
Let’s get started!
Disclosure: As a 2014-2018 Sizzix Design team member and Oriental Trading Fun Squad Member: I receive select products free of charge so that I can share inspiration projects and tutorials with my readers. My designs, experiences and opinions are 100% my own. This post contains affiliate links, which means I get a small commission from your purchases from my links, with absolutely no extra charge to you! 🙂
Easy Frida Kahlo Party Favor Idea
What you will need:
Paint & Paint Brush
Optional but not required:
Flesh colored mini pails are hard to come by, so I simply painted a white mini pail a golden brown for Frida’s face. Once it was dry I hand drew her signature eyebrows and red lips with a sharpie.
Now you can make felt flowers without a Sizzix Big Shot and Die, but why would you want to? 😉 Seriously though, with one pass of the Big Shot you can have a bunch of felt flowers. OR….you can hand cut them which may exceed my promised craft completion time of “under 15 minutes”. Whichever way you choose to cut the flowers, I suggest you select bright colors of felt for Frida’s floral crown.
Next, to cut her hair buns, simply double a piece of black felt and trace a 4 inch circle with chalk. Then cut the felt in a spiral pattern with scissors. (This is also the same technique for cutting flowers, by the way but you’ll want to make the circles much smaller.) Using a pencil as a guide. Simply continuously coil the felt around the pencil starting with the outside end working your way to the center. Apply a generous amount of hot glue to the last “tail” to secure. Repeat so you have two hair buns.
Follow the same technique for the die cut flowers. And cut a moon shaped piece of black felt for the top of her hair.
Next, simply hot glue the flowers on to the pail along with the hair buns on the sides. Hot glue the moon shaped hair on the inside of the pail so that it pokes out on top.
Fill it with your favorite Mexican candy and that’s it! You have a fun and colorful Frida Kahlo Party Favor pail for your next fiesta!
PIN FOR LATER!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!