Disclosure: As a Cost Plus World Market Ambassador, I received compensation and/or products in exchange for my styling and recipes. As always, all opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links, which means I get a small commission from your purchases from my links, with absolutely no extra charge to you!
Have you seen the new Peter Rabbit movie by Sony? I’m excited to be partnering with Cost Plus World Market for their Peter Rabbit Sweepstakes and new product line now available online and in stores! Nothing says spring like Peter Rabbit. Having grown up with the Peter Rabbit Books, I’ve always loved reading his tales to my three boys. So when I saw there’s a new movie, I jumped at the opportunity to style a fun tablescape with easy entertaining ideas! PLUS I’m excited to share my recipe for my Loaded Oatmeal Carrot Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Shopping at Cost Plus World Market
Easter is a big deal in my house and I always like to create a nice luncheon for my boys to enjoy. What better way to create a tablescape than with one of their favorite childhood book characters? Having all boys, Easter is one of the few times I can get away with decorating tables with pastel colors. Not to mention, Peter Rabbit’s character reminds me so much of when my boys were younger.
I headed to my local Cost Plus World Market store in Redlands and stocked up on all kinds of wonderful Peter Rabbit Decor. I stuffed my cart with a set of plates, decorations and cookie jars for the table. Be sure to check out the items I handpicked on the “Shop this Post” portion below.
I also wanted to create my boys’ favorite pasta salad, so I snatched up a bag of Peter Rabbit Pasta. Cost Plus World Market pasta is one of my favorites, they always have so many fun shapes for the holidays. I also grabbed a few key ingredients for my Loaded Oatmeal Carrot Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Of course, I wanted to serve tea; Peter is British after all!
If you’ve been following my blog, you’ll know that my dining room also doubles as my party/craft area. Luckily, my furniture and walls are white which pair perfectly with the collection, so all I had to do was put my crafting goodies away to set up for our little luncheon.
I started with the backdrop and hung Melamine Egg Shaped Plates on my wall with removable picture hangers.
Aren’t they adorable? They would look great on the table too.
Next, I started decorating the table with Peter Rabbit Placemats, Party Crackers, Garden Plates and Napkins.
I set out gold cutlery and cute Juice Tumblers with pink straws from my party stash. I set out a Peter Rabbit Cookie Jar filled with a batch of my Loaded Oatmeal Carrot Chocolate Chip Cookies which doubled as a centerpiece for the table.
For the food table, I placed another Cookie Jar filled with cookies along with provisions for tea.
I served fresh fruit, my pasta salad and pretzel chips along with Confetti Popcorn Mix and a few decorations. If I had to pick, I think the snow globe and cookie jars are my favorite items from the collection. I can see bringing them out every year!
I made simple tea sandwiches for my boys and used the Cupcake Picks to hold them together. Everything always tastes better with cute decorations, why is that?
Needless to say, the boys and I enjoyed our little Tea Luncheon and I can’t wait to take my boys to see the movie soon. I’m also excited to reuse all my new goodies with our family for Easter!
Loaded Oatmeal Carrot Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Now for my favorite oatmeal cookie recipe. When I say that these cookies are loaded, I mean it. Packed with flavor and not too sweet, these cookies won’t disappoint!
What you will need:
- 1 1/4 cups Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 3 cups Quick Uncooked Oats
- 1 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 cup Mini Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup Shredded Carrots
- 1/2 cup Finely Chopped Cinnamon Praline Almonds
- Oven set to 375 degrees and two non stick cookie sheets
Start by beating coconut oil, sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
Mix in flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Combine well.
Add in oats, almonds, cranberries, chocolate chips and shredded carrots.
Roll the dough in small balls and place on ungreased non-stick cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Recipe yields 3 dozen delicious cookies!
Place the cookies in the Cookie Jar and place it in the center of your tablescape for all the guests to enjoy!
And that’s it for our luncheon, I hope you are inspired to see the movie and visit your local Cost Plus World Market for your Easter table or Peter Rabbit Party! Plus be sure to enter the Peter Rabbit Sweepstakes!
Cost Plus World Market’s Peter Rabbit Sweepstakes
Don’t forget to enter for a chance to win! One lucky winner will win a trip for two (2) to London, England! Enter now for your chance to win this amazing Grand Prize!
- Grand Prize includes airfare for two (2), hotel, chauffeured tour of the English Gardens and a $1,000 World Market Gift Card.
- Three (3) First Prizes will be awarded as well. Winners will receive a $500 World Market Gift Card!
Enter the Peter Rabbit Sweepstakes online at www.worldmarketsweepstakes.com from February 1, 2018 – March 30, 2018
Shop This Post – Peter Rabbit Collection at Cost Plus World Market
From the top, left to right…
PIN FOR LATER!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!