Hi Crafty Friends! Can you believe it’s July already? I’m kicking off the month with a new series called Mug of the Month with Cricut! This month I’m sharing this DIY Patriotic Mug!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links, at no additional cost to you. #cricutcreated
DIY Patriotic Mug – JULY Mug of the Month with Cricut
Independence Day is one of my favorite holidays. Summer weather, BBQs, swimming, fireworks, and ice cream is the best way to celebrate America! So naturally, it’s also the best holiday to kick of my new series. Hopefully, you’ll join along with me as we create a mug every month for the season.
For this DIY Patriotic Mug you will need:
- Cricut Mug Press
- Cricut Blank Mugs – 12 ounce
- Cricut Explore or Maker of your Choice
- My Flag Design in Cricut Design Space
- Infusible Ink (a red and blue pattern of your choice)
- Cutting Mat
- Heat Mat
- Heat Resistant Tape
- Heat Resistant Gloves (recommended)
- Lint Roller
What to do:
- Open my design in Cricut Design Space and send it to your machine. Be sure to mirror the image.
- Place the Infusible Ink on the cutting mat with the ink side up. Cut the stripes part of the design.
- Once cut, remove the negative image of the design leaving just the stripes on the transfer tape.
- Now, send the star section to the machine and cut.
- Remove the negative image of the design (the blue box area) from the tape and place it ink side up on the transfer paper with the stripes. Be sure to line it up.
- Using a lint roller, remove any lint or dust from the mug.
- Line up the flag design on the mug.
- Secure the edges of the transfer tape with heat-resistant tape. You want to make sure there are no gaps!
- Once your mug press is ready, place the mug into the mug press and press down the lever.
- Once the mug press beeps, carefully remove the mug using heat-resistant gloves and place it on the heat mat to cool.
- When cooled, remove the tape and transfer paper to reveal your image!
@michellespartyplanit I’m loving my new coffee mug for July! God Bless America! #cricutmade #crafttok #fourthofjuly #cricutmugpress ♬ Cruel Summer – Bananarama
What do you think? I love how this DIY Patriotic Mug turned out. I hope you will join me for next month’s mug!
PIN FOR LATER!
- How To Make Stamps with Cricut
- How to Make Tabletop Standees with Cricut
- PYD Life 2 in 1 Tumbler Press Review
- Cricut Maker VS Cricut Maker 3 – Which Cricut Machine is Right for you?
- Squeeze the Day with a Summer DIY Lemonade Stand
- Christmas Painting Party | Social Artworking
- Teen Halloween Party Ideas | Greek Mythology Party
- You’ve Got a Friend in Me!