Father’s Day is one of my favorite holidays of the year. A day for me to celebrate my husband who is the best Father I could ever hope for to our 3 sons and not to mention a wonderful husband. This year’s celebration was a challenge for me because I had less than 2 weeks to plan it. Why the last minute you ask? Well, with so much going on lately, June was here before I knew it and I still hadn’t thought of a theme. Finally, the Hubby and I decided on a 50s Diner style party. So with that “Dad’s Diner” was created and I started right away with designing the necessary stationery and backdrop to allow myself time for printing and assembly.
First stop, Hobby Lobby and Home Goods where I found the diner style signs, Coca-Cola paraphernalia, and the Gas pump. I lucked out when I found a retro Coca-Cola napkin dispenser, trays and vintage car favor boxes on a resale party supply Facebook group page. It was all finally coming together but I kept thinking how cute it would be if I could find a retro dinette set to add to the ambiance, and luck would have it I found one on Craigslist! It needed a bit of TLC, but nothing my wonderful hubby couldn’t handle, so I got it for a steal! Nothing like a good deal to get the party planning fire started!
My boys took our guests orders and the hubby grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. Dinner was served in burger baskets with chips and pasta salad. For refreshments we offered the choice of lemonade or bottled Coca-Cola. There were donuts, cookies, cherry pie, apple pie, cupcakes and tons of candy to choose from for dessert.
We had a blast and best of all, the Hubby had a great time!
Thanks for visiting!
Styling, Party Stationery and Customized Coordinating Decor: Michelle’s Party Plan-It
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!