This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ReimagineYourRoutine #CollectiveBias
Easy Salad Recipes for Back To School
School has started for my oldest boys and we all have been struggling with our new schedules. With Band practice and Swim practice added to our already hectic work schedule, it’s easy to fall into a dinner rut. Luckily, my family loves salads for dinner. I make a robust , yet easy salad at least once a week for the family and they love it! I’m excited to be sharing two of the most requested salads with you, both are easy and perfect for dinner or lunch!
BBQ Chicken Salad
Chicken Breast and black beans give this salad enough sustenance to be the main course any day of the week. With just a little bit of prep, this salad can be made in a matter of minutes.
- Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken Breast Fillets (cut into strips)
- Mixed greens
- 1/3 cup canned black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/3 cup canned corn (drained)
- 1/3 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- crumbled ranchero cheese
- ranch dressing
- bbq sauce
Prepare the chicken according to the packaging and cut into strips. Lay a bed of mixed greens in a large serving bowl, add remaining ingredients. Sprinkle the crumbled ranchero cheese on top, then drizzle fresh ranch dressing and your favorite BBQ sauce. The chicken combined with the BBQ gives the salad a delicious smokey flavor!
Next, toss the salad well and serve. Be sure to save any leftovers in an airtight container for lunch!
Easy Chef Salad
Another family favorite is our spin on the traditional Chef Salad. I even make this one several times a week for my own lunch. Being a working mom, I spend a lot of my lunch hour running errands for the family (especially during the school year), so I need something that I can whip up easily at work. I am lucky enough to have my own personal refrigerator in my office, so I keep Hillshire Farm® Farm Classics® on hand for snacking and lunchtime.
- Hillshire Farm® Farm Classics® Honey Ham or Black Forest Ham, sliced into thin strips
- Mixed Greens
- Mild Cheddar Cheese, sliced into thin strips
- Hard Boiled Egg, sliced
- 1/2 Avocado, sliced
- Grape Tomatoes
- 1/3 cucumber, sliced
- Red Onion rings
- Dressing of your choice (I prefer Ranch)
Start with a layer a bed of mixed greens on the bottom of a large bowl or lunch container and layer remaining ingredients on top.
I recommend keeping the dressing separate until you are ready for lunchtime. Add a few crackers on the side and you have a delicious and satisfying lunch!
You can find all the ingredients needed for these two easy and delicious salad recipes at Walmart. You can find Tyson® Grilled & Ready ® Chicken in the frozen foods section and Hillshire Farm® Farm Classics® Lunchmeats in the deli section.
How do you adjust to the Back to School routine? I’d love to hear from you!
Happy Meal Planning!
PIN FOR LATER
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!