This is part of a sponsored collaboration with DiMeMedia and Disney Channel. However, all opinions expressed are my own. #ElenaOfAvalor I also received party supplies from Oriental Trading Company and The Bakers Party Shop, free of charge which are included in this post.
I’ve been waiting a long time for a Disney Latina Princess and I’m excited to see she is finally here! Have you seen the latest Princess, Elena of Avalor? She’s such a wonderful role model for our Latin youth. I was so excited to see the first two episodes of the the new Disney Channel series last week during our Elena of Avalor Viewing Party. I fell in love with her instantly! You see, Elena is a strong leader with a love for adventure, very much like the Latin women in mi familia! It’s so nice to see characteristics I and other Latinos can relate to, beyond her dark eye and hair color!
Leadership Starts at Home
Strong leadership played a huge role in my family when I was growing up. My mother always emphasized to me that I could not only be a wonderful home maker and wife but I could also have a successful career. She always taught me to be my best in everything I do. Half-way attempts result in half-way results, she’d say. I don’t know how many times I heard, “If you’re gonna do a job, do it right” when I was growing up.
My Mother became the sole provider for my brother and I for most of our childhood. It wasn’t easy for her, we had really tough times and really good times. But it was only through her hard work, leadership, perseverance and above all, her faith; my brother and I had all we needed.
Our extended family was also a huge help. Like Elena, my Abuelitos played a significant role in our daily lives and upbringing. They filled in the gaps and together we had a strong family unit.
My Mom could have taken the easy road and given up, but she didn’t. She chose the harder road for the sake of her children. She stepped up and became a strong leader for our family. She lead through example in every sense of the phrase. Watching her, showed me that with determination and drive, I could do and be whatever I wanted. I’m proud to say my Momma led me to be an independent, confident and compassionate Latina.
Thank you Momma for EVERYTHING! I love you and I couldn’t be who I am today without your strong leadership!
Elena of Avalor Viewing Party
Speaking of strong leadership; as I mentioned earlier, we hosted our very own Elena of Avalor Viewing Party last Friday and we had so much fun! I’m excited to share all the details.
Thank you to Disney Channel for sending the generous box of party supplies, everything was a hit!
Let’s get started with some fun party highlights!
Like with every party, I set up a spread of snacks and treats for our guests to enjoy before and during the show.
I embellished Elena inspired popcorn boxes for each guest because everyone knows you can’t have a viewing party without popcorn!
I topped a cake with a few fake flowers and one of the 3D Skylar figures Disney sent.
Each guest received a beautiful Elena crown.
I served fresh fruit in coordinating cups with matching spoons. These adorable cups and spoons are from The Bakers Party Shop.
Guests were greeted with an official Elena of Avalor poster.
I set up a craft table for our guests which included a lovely Elena of Avalor print for them to take home.
I also set out the Color Your Own Elena of Avalor table runner along with the included fabric markers for our guests.
We had fun building our own Jaquins!
All the kids and adults enjoyed fresh Watermelon Agua Fresca (recipe below) while they colored and crafted.
The kids had a blast building their own scepters. One of my boys even made one into a huge staff and pretended he was a wizard!
Agua Fresca Recipe
Want to make your own Watermelon Agua Fresca? I’m happy to share my favorite recipe with you. Not only is it refreshing, it’s super easy to make!
- 1 seedless watermelon (cubed)
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Juicer or blender (if a blender is used, you may want to strain the juice to remove the pulp)
- Juice from 2 Mexican limes (optional)
- Mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- Thinly sliced lime for garnish (optional)
- Using a juicer (or a blender and a strainer), juice watermelon cubes. Pour juice in a large pitcher, then add honey, lime juice, water and ice, then stir.
- Serve over ice and garnish with mint or a lime slice.
We had so much fun and I’m so grateful for the opportunity to share the FIRST Latina Princess, Elena of Avalor with my family! I can only hope someday they will reflect on the positive impact I’ve had on their lives, just like I do with my Mom.
What is your favorite Elena quality? Her leadership? Her adventurous spirit? I’d love to hear from you!
Be sure to tune in to Elena of Avalor on Fridays at 7:30pm ET/PT or 6:30c on Disney Channel!
Styling and Photography: Michelle’s Party Plan-It
Party Supplies provided by (Gold Doilies, Cupcake Toppers, Popcorn Boxes, Orange Flowers and Gems) – Oriental Trading Company
Ice Cream Cups and Spoons provided by The Bakers Party Shop.
Looking for more Elena ideas? Be sure to check out our other Elena of Avalor party!
PIN FOR LATER!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!