Do you have teenage boys at home? I have an 18 year old and 15 year old and both still love to dress up for Halloween. Even at their age, they still love to get in character, mostly just to scare the trick-or-treaters when they come to our door. I love every second of it because that just means they chose to stay home with their Momma for some family fun instead of going out and getting into trouble!
So bring on the costumes! Here are 10 fun “Teen Boy Approved” costume ideas for you!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means I get a small commission from your purchases from my links, with absolutely no extra charge to you! 🙂
Costume Ideas for Teen Boys
NOTE: I’m a mother of three boys, so this article is written from my own “boy mom” perspective. But these ideas aren’t limited to boys only, of course! Like everything, tailor these suggestions for YOUR TEEN and their interests. All opinions represented are mine alone.
Long gone are the days of cuddly, cute and furry costumes. As my son’s grow older, their choices in costumes have definitely evolved. Thank goodness I still have my little one, he’s content being a Classic Mummy this year! I can’t wait to share his costume!
But now for the Big Boys!
1. Negan from the Walking Dead Costume
My son chose Negan for his costume, this year. I think this boy was born for the 80’s style cause he loves the faux leather jacket we found. I know he’ll be wearing it all winter long. Add a red scarf and a DIY Lucille Bat and we’re in business!
2. Edgy Mad Scientist
This is one of my all time favorites. Edgy Mad Scientist! Complete with a Mad Scientist Costume, Chemical Gloves , Apron and Goggles! Add some silver hair paint and he’ll look like he’s straight out of an 80s music video!
3. Freddy Krueger Costume
4. Psycho Clown
5. Classic Michael Myers Costume
Michael Myers is always a hit at Halloween. I think we get at least three visiting at our door every year. A Michael Myers Mask and Coverall Set is all you need to make this one scary ensemble. Last year my middle son sat at the window in front of the house peering at trick-or-treaters. They loved it! Many even took photos with him! LOL.
6. Jason Vorhees Costume
7. Calibos from Clash of the Titans
8. Professor Snape
9. Pig Doctor from The Twilight Zone
10. Rod Serling from The Twilight Zone
If your teen wants to be retro, classy and cool; a Rod Serling costume won’t disappoint! A hand me down suit and tie is all you need!
And that’s my list of 10 Costume Ideas for Teen Boys! Which one is your favorite?
I hope you found an idea or two that is perfect for your teen to celebrate Halloween this year!
PIN FOR LATER!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!