I am a big fan of projects that look like you spent a whole lot of time but really took only minutes! I’m excited to be participating in the Holiday Craft Lightning! I’m sharing how you can spread joy with a simple DIY Christmas Gift Tag in less than 15 minutes!
As a 2014-2017 Sizzix Design team member: I receive select Sizzix products free of charge so that I can share inspiration projects and tutorials with my readers. Posts include affiliate links. My designs, experiences and opinions are 100% my own. This post contains affiliate links, which means I get a small commission from your purchases from my links, with absolutely no extra charge to you! 🙂
Let’s get started!
Simple DIY Christmas Gift Tag
For this project I used the Sizzix Big Shot, Standard Cutting Pads, Bigz Card Tag, Three Trees Originals Die and Joy #3 Originals Die. I also used some vintage scrapbook paper, kraft paper, ink, glue, 3d adhesive circles and twine.
Starting with the Card Tag die, I created a sandwich by placing the scrapbook paper faced down on the die and placing a cutting pad below and on top of the die. Then I ran it through the Big Shot. If you don’t have the Card Tag Die, you can also make this with a kraft gift tag and add the die cut embellishments.
I repeated these steps using the kraft and scrapbook paper with the Joy and Trees dies. I added a distressed look to the tag and the word Joy by rubbing some ink lightly on the die cuts.
Next, I glued the zig zag die cut toward the bottom of the tag and added the tree with 3d adhesive circles. Lastly, I glued Joy on to the tree and added some twine to the tag. And that’s it! A detailed tag with big impact and little effort in under 15 minutes!
PIN FOR LATER
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!