This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine. #cricutcreated
Are you ready for a little bit of Halloween crafting with the Cricut Maker? Halloween is my favorite holiday for crafting, there are so many fun project you can make for decorating, party planning and even gift giving! That where these fun DIY Boo Tags come in, so let’s get started!
I’m so excited to be able to share with you four new Cricut tools! They can do so much! Here a little background…
When Cricut launched Maker 2 years ago, it made a promise to come out with more tools and materials, so that Maker could grow with creators as they master new crafts. These tools are possible, and can be used only with Maker, because it was specially designed with an Adaptive Tool System. This system brings together three major technologies that give Maker professional class cutting versatility and performance. It:
- Delivers 10 times (4 kg) or more cutting force than the Explore line
- Uses a sophisticated steering system to actively control the direction of the blade at all times
- Tests to be sure you are using the correct blade before it starts cutting, and tells you to change it, if not.
- To deliver on this Maker promise, Cricut is introducing even more tools that deliver on the Maker versatility promise and are part of the expanding Adaptive Toolset.
- These new tools allow creators to utilize even more techniques, such as engraving and debossing, and materials such as metal, with Maker, further expanding Maker’s capabilities.
- Each of the tools are part of the Maker’s QuickSwap Toolset, so creators everywhere can quickly and easily move between tools as they complete their projects.
So now let’s see what these can do!
DIY Boo Gift Tags
For this project I decided to try out two of the new blades to make a few Ghost shaped tags debossed with “Boo” on them. I think they will be so great for “booing” your friends and neighbors.
What you will need:
- Cricut Maker
- Wavy Blade – Get a decorative edge in half the time than a drag blade with a gentle wave cut for a wide variety of projects. To add a whimsical wavy edge to any design, this specially sculpted stainless steel blade is great for original vinyl decals, iron-on designs, envelopes, cards, gift tags, collage projects, or any time you need fabulously finished edges and stylish design accents. Perfect for iron-on, vinyl, paper, cardstock, fabric, and more.
- Fine Debossing Tip – Add professional polish and elevated elegance to paper crafts by creating crisp, detailed debossed designs. Unlike folders, which lock you into a specific design, this rolling debossing ball, with a wider range of motion, gives you free reign to customize, personalize, and design with incredible intricacy. Make a dimensional wedding card, thank you card with your monogram, or add flourish to gift boxes, tags, and more. Creates a stunning effect on foil cardstock, coated paper, shimmer and glitter paper, basswood, and much more.
- White Kraft Board
- Black Cardstock
- My Ghost Tag Design in Cricut Design Space
- Hole punch ( you can modify the design to add a whole, if you want. I left it without in case you wanted to use them as cards)
Step 1: Load the design in Cricut Design Space and resize if needed.
Step 2: Click Make it and follow the prompts to select your materials and make sure you are using the correct blades.
Step 3: Load the Kraft Board and the Debossing tip, then when prompted switch to the fine point blade.
Step 4: Remove your finished tags and load the black cardstock to the cutting mat. Replace the blade with the Wavy Blade and cut!
Apply glue to the back of the white tag and adhere it to the black ghost shape. This creates a cute background for your little ghost!
Add your favorite ribbon and you’re all set to Boo your friends!
Interested in knowing about the other two blades? Here is what you need to know….
Get the perfect tear quickly and effortlessly with precise perforation cuts for a wide variety of projects. To create uniform, finely perforated lines for any design, just snap this tip onto the QuickSwap Housing and tell your Cricut Maker to “Go!” Evenly spaced perforation lines allow for clean, well-spaced tearing without the need to fold beforehand – especially great for shapes with curves. Perfect for tear-out booklet pages, raffle tickets, homemade journals, or for any project that demands a neat tear.
Make a lasting impression with Cricut Engraving Tip. To get professional-looking results, just snap this tip onto the QuickSwap Housing and tell your Cricut Maker to “Go!” Watch with awe as you write personalized text or create monograms, draw decorative flourishes and embellishments, or inscribe your favorite quotes on a keepsake. For an eye-catching effect, engrave Cricut Metal Sheets or anodized aluminum to reveal the silver beneath.
Attach your tag to a mug filled with your favorite candy or to a cute gift bag and you’re all set!
I hope you give the new Cricut tools a try! If you do, be sure to let me know which one is your favorite! Also check out my other fun Cricut projects for more ideas!
PIN FOR LATER
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!