If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, you will know that this week is my son’s “Birthday Week”. My youngest turned 10 this week (eek, where has the time gone?). We celebrated with a fun weekend at our home away from home, Disneyland and a fun last minute surprise Burger Bash. This year, we decided a low key party was the thing to do for a weekday birthday so close to Valentine’s Day and let me tell you, we had a blast!! So let’s get started with the fun details!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links, at no additional cost to you.
How to Throw a Last Minute Burger Bash
This party was so fun to plan, especially since it was a Surprise party! My son had no clue when he left for school that morning that he’d come home to a house full of family all there ready to celebrate his 10th birthday and his love for burgers. He was truly shocked and enjoyed every second of it. Since I didn’t have a lot of time to set up after work, I needed to keep the decor super simple.
Keeping things simple but festive is a cinch with a fun and vibrant Balloon Garland. To create this garland, I inflated several Red Balloons and Yellow Balloons using my Portable Electric Balloon Pump. If you host parties at least once a year, you NEED this gizmo! It has saved me so much time. I honestly don’t know why I didn’t get one sooner! Balloon Garlands used to take me hours before with a hand pump, not anymore! Seriously, its a must have. Of course, you will also need some yummy looking Hamburger Balloons!
Sidenote: Don’t use the Portable Electric Balloon Pump with Mylar balloons, it’s too fast and might pop your balloons. 🙂
I created a quick banner and printed it on card-stock. I created a Burger Bash Banner for you to use. Just sign up for my newsletter and get your free printable!
I found this cute grill set with matching napkins and caddy at Target last summer. But you could just add whimsical vinyl or stickers to these Ketchup and Mustard Dispensers. Checkered paper plates, paper straws and napkins are a great alternative too!
I didn’t want to spend a lot of money on a cake for this party, so I picked up his favorite cake at Sam’s club and decided to use a fun Burger shaped cookie jar as the table centerpiece. My son wants it in his room to hide some of his treasures so it doubled as a birthday present too!
I made Cardboard Stand Up Party Decor with my Cricut Maker. Follow the link to see how.
These fun Fast Food Easter “Eggs” made the perfect decoration for under my Beverage dispenser. I found these at Oriental Trading Company but these Fast Food Squishies would be great too and double as party favors!
And that’s it! A last minute burger bash, perfect for a weekday celebration!
I hope you find these tips useful for your next burger bash!
Happy Party Planning!
SHOP THIS LOOK!
PIN FOR LATER!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!