Hey crafty friends! I’m back with another simple and affordable home decor transformation. I’m sharing how you can upgrade the $5 dollar spot tiered tray from Target into a cute farmhouse decor tiered tray. So, let’s get started!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links, at no additional cost to you. #cricutcreated #cricutmade
DIY Dollar Spot Tiered Tray Upgrade
I love a good transformation, especially when it takes just a few minutes! These trays from Target are super cute as is, but I really wanted to upgrade mine for my coffee bar. And since black and white are my favorite color combinations, I decided to create a fun design in Cricut Design Space to complete the look.
What you will need:
Heat Gun to speed up the drying process
This DESIGN in Cricut Design Space (this is already sized to fit this specific tray)
I created a detailed step by step tutorial to walk you through the process….
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE for more Cricut Crafts!
I’ve also included the written instructions below for your convenience!
This is the Tiered Tray available at Target online and in store. It’s unfinished and the perfect blank canvas for our project!
Start by removing the shelves using a small screwdriver.
Next, apply a 2-3 coats of chalk paint. Use a heat gun to speed up the drying process between coats.
Using your favorite Cricut, cut the design on vinyl.
Weed the design.
Apply transfer tape over the design and remove the backing when ready to apply to the shelf.
Center the design on the shelf and burnish.
Remove the transfer tape.
Reassemble the shelves on to the rack.
And that’s it!
What do you think? Wasn’t that a cinch? And what a difference! I love how this project turned out. I hope you give it a try!
Be sure to check out my other CRICUT Crafts!
Happy Cricut Crafting!
SHOP THIS PROJECT
PIN FOR LATER
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!