Hey crafty friends! Did you know that Cricut recently released a few new products, including the Cricut Glue Gun? I’m excited to tell you about it, so let’s get started!
Disclosure: Although I received this product from Cricut, this is not a sponsored post. I was not asked to create a review and I am not being compensated for this review. All opinions are 100% my own. This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links, at no additional cost to you. #cricutmade
Cricut Glue Gun Product Review
If you know me, you will know that I love glue guns. I literally have a collection of them. The glue gun is my most used craft tool, I even use it more than my Cricut machines! So when Cricut sent me the new Cricut Glue Gun, I knew I had to test it right out of the box!
Per the Cricut website, the Cricut Glue Gun features the following:
- Compact, ergonomic design
- Designed to reduce drips, strings & backflow of glue
- Auto-off feature & silicone-protected tip
- Perfect for crafting projects & more
- Compatible with Cricut® Mini Glue Sticks & most dual- and high-temp mini glue sticks
I created a video capturing my real-time reaction and put it to the test. Check it out below….
In addition to the initial video, my TikTok audience asked for a comparison of glue sticks. I kindly obliged and created the video below comparing the glue sticks I had on hand using the Cricut Glue Gun…
@michellespartyplanit Replying to @theshitshowlife5280 Does the Cricut Glue Gun work just as well with other brand glue sticks? Let’s find out! #cricutmade #cricutgluegun #cricutgluesticks #gluestick #craftroommusthave #crafttoolreview #craftproductreview #gluegunreview ♬ 10 minutes BGM for light training such as yoga(845880) – kakumaru
Let’s summarize my review:
- The color is great and on brand with the Cricut Joy product line. It also happens to match my Craft Room and branding, so I personally love it!
- The Cord is thick and doesn’t get twisted and pinched like other glue gun cords.
- There is an Auto Off feature that kicks in after 15 minutes. And all you need to do to turn it back on is to pull the trigger. I personally love this feature because I have a horrible habit of not unplugging my glue gun since most small craft glue guns don’t have on/off switches.
- There is an indicator light that changes colors when warmed up and also is lit when the glue gun is turned on.
- The trigger is impressive and it produces a steady flow of glue.
- The hot glue appears to be less stringy.
- It does not have a kickstand of some sort to stay upright. I personally like to have my glue gun upright, so this is a con for me. But it may not be for you!
If stringiness is a concern for you:
- The Cricut website states that it works with most multi-temp glue sticks. But in my test, the all temp glue sticks seemed to be more stringy. The Cricut brand glue sticks and other hi temp glue sticks had minimum stringiness. Hi-temp mini glue sticks are a bit harder to find in my area, but you may have better luck in your area.
Some additional comments to consider that I received on my videos from followers:
- The price point is a bit high. The pricing is on par with wireless glue guns, but this is not wireless.
- Although the point is precise, a longer tip may have been better. A longer tip would help with more precise applications on projects.
- Although I love the color for my craft room, the bright blue is not neutral and may not be attractive to all crafters.
My Final Opinion:
With all points considered, I give the Cricut Glue Gun a solid 9 out of 10. I do love the ease of use, design, and color! I will be stocking up on Cricut Glue Sticks so don’t be surprised when you see this new glue gun in my upcoming projects and videos!
If the Cricut Glue Gun sounds like a fit for you, it can be purchased here at the Cricut Shop.
PIN FOR LATER!
- How to Make Halloween Treat Bags with a Munbyn Label Printer
- How To Make Stamps with Cricut
- 10 Tips on How to Make Money Crafting
- Easy DIY Halloween Costume Shirt Ideas
- Back To School Stickers with Cricut
- How to Make Magnets With Cricut The Easy Way!
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood