Are you celebrating Dia de Los Muertos (Day of the Dead)? Whether celebrated with the traditional Mexican rituals or incorporated with Halloween, I’m happy to see the Latin culture and traditions being embraced and celebrated this time of year.
Day of the Dead
Although my family doesn’t celebrate with traditional altars, I did set up a party table for my boys to enjoy as we remember those we have lost and to celebrate life as well as our Latin heritage.
I dug out all of my Day of the Dead decorations from last year’s party and created a multicolored tulle backdrop. I found a beautiful lit Calevera figure at Costco a few months ago and knew I had to have it as my centerpiece. I set up a few LED candles and paper flowers, as well as a felt papel picado I found at Target.
I set out some popcorn and colorful candy in coordinating containers. I also whipped up some cupcakes and added the fondant toppers from last year.
Party Tip: Did you know that fondant will keep for a very long time if kept in air tight containers? They look just as great as they did a year ago.
That’s it! A simple yet festive Day of the Dead mini celebration!
I hope you are inspired to create your own Day of the Dead celebration to remember your loved ones!
Styling and Photography: Michelle’s Party Plan-It
Fontant Toppers: Kima Konfections
Sugar Skull Mason Jars: Always The Occasion
Sugar Skull Shot Glasses and Popcorn Boxes: Oriental Trading Company
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!